Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best partner for Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daviblight

10-25-2010

My friend just started playing garen and i was wondering what a really nice team up could be with him?

I'd like something with nice escapes, as being ganked and being a soft target is no fun.

any suggestions?

Pastrytime

10-25-2010

**** I was gonna say Lux but she's not exactly the escapiest of champions, although she does lane nicely with Garen.

daviblight

10-25-2010

yeah being brother and sister i would assume she was a good match with him, hope she is free this week..

DarkenDragon

10-25-2010

best partners for garen is anyone who can slow/stun their targets. allowing garen to judgement them to death, and early game, a full judgement would do massive amount of damage.

heres a few I can think of that does this well off the top of my head
lux, sion, taric, ryze, evelynn, janna, kayle, morgana, nunu, rammus, tryndamere, veigar

of coruse stuns are better than slows, but make sure garen starts off with boots of speed, this will help him keep up with his targets, cuz most people dont get boots of speed as their first item, then it makes it that much easier for garen to keep ontop of them. but this would mean that you'd have to go a bit unconventional for some of them such as tryndamere who would need to get mocking shout earlier than usual to be helpful in early game.

xahhfink6

10-25-2010

Bushes

AdricGod

10-25-2010

Quote:
xahhfink6:
Bushes

Ahaha so good and so true...

Honestly though I'd say Sion or Taric.

locke03

10-25-2010

I've had very good luck playing as Rammus with a lane partner playing Garen. Rammus lacks damage early game, but with powerball and puncturing taunt, he can catch and slow an opponent down enough for Garen to do a lot of damage.

xPhantasm

10-25-2010

Morgana.

Eddy01741

10-25-2010

Sion, best single target stun in the game, lasts 2 seconds at level 1.

DrDragun

10-25-2010

Garen and Sion is like laning against God and Jesus