Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Miss Fortune - build for ulti or for deeps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDragun

10-25-2010

I finally ponied up my 7 bucks for Miss Fortune this weekend and tried a few builds on solo queue unranked, which is ofc not very competitive. I was wondering if people built her more for a huge ultimate or more for deeps and double up. Please don't suggest builds with 3 max tier items, I'm talking about builds which are full potency in the 15-25 minute range.

Dps build:
Dorans and rush IE core (the build from wcg and countless replays)
Lastwhisper or Black Cleaver or Madreds or whatever luxury
Zerk or Sorc Boots

Ulti build:
Dorans or Longsword
The damage parts from IE (BFS and Pickaxe)
Sword of the Occult
Sorc Boots and finish IE
Luxury stuff (prefer hitpoints to protect occult stacks, probably Banshees or Phage)

SotO Rationale: SotO is usually met with disdain so I feel like I should include a quick rationale. Miss Fortune seems to have very good KDA in the replays I watch, probably because her ulti touches everyone giving many assists and because she can operate at a large distance from teamfights. For this reason SotO can pay off however I would not get it first because it is too much investment early (900g for no immediate benefit). So I got at LEAST a pickaxe before finishing SotO.

However once you put 8-10 stacks on SotO, which is easy (at least at first) with MF, then her ulti hurts a LOT in addition to the damage items from IE. You can finish IE afterward for purposes of DPSing, but the final 1200g for cloak and recipe doesn't help your ult much at all. SotO with 10 stacks gives you a +60 damage item for 1400g. If you can get 14 stacks then it's equal benefit to Infinity Edge (over 4000g) to your ultimate. Of course with stacks you become more and more hunted by the enemy, but if you stay far back from teamfights you can really make them work hard and get out of position to try to kill you and clear your stacks.

Does anyone play this way or just rush the traditional IE? I tried both this weekend and they both worked well, though my ult would clear 3/4 lifebars with SotO if I could avoid interruption.

OBITWIZZLE

10-25-2010

You can't reach full potency without top tier stuff. just sayin'

CrazyCranium

Recruiter

10-25-2010

I dont see why you have to build towards one or the other. Build for DPS with an emphasis on attack damage. Your autoattacks will hurt, and your ult will hurt.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

10-25-2010

What CrazyCranium said.

You don't have to focus for one or the other, in a teamfight you should either auto attack or ult, but don't focus on trying for one or the other, because with a proper build, both can be effective depending on the situation.

Rawrful

10-25-2010

I focus on my abilities as MF and stack Bloodthirsters. More specifically, 3 Doran's Blades into Bloodthirsters. I don't find she needs an attack speed item as she should always have her w up in the fight and the more flat damage you have, the more your ult and the more Double Up does. Ult if you have a good position, use your ult. If you don't, double up and auto attack.

Capetoner

10-25-2010

I think people exclude the option of AP but third skill and ult plus 500+ AP can be very useful.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

10-25-2010

Quote:
Capetoner:
I think people exclude the option of AP but third skill and ult plus 500+ AP can be very useful.

But not nearly as useful as 500 AP on any other caster, or even semi-caster like shaco or yi.

Hand Lotion

10-25-2010

I like building DPS, not AD stack. MF can't ditch focus easily, so I rather not give the other team even more reasons to throw everything at me by using "lose X at death" items, which the high AD items turn out to be.

Besides, her auto attacking is decent with W and it's not like you're not getting any AD for Q and R.

Stiler

10-25-2010

I try and tell people to build her like you would an AD kat.

Her Ult is one of the best dmg ult sin the game if you can get it off. It can easily turn an entire team battle your way.

I usually build toward manamue, then SOTO, BF Sword> Bloodthirster.

From there it depends on the game, if you aren't doign good and are dying too easily build one defense item for what it is that's killing you (armor for ad, banshees for AP/stuns), etc.

If you're doing fine then another BF Sword > bloodthirster and so on.