Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I want to go fast - an alternative strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1dy

02-06-2013

hey guys

been trialling out a build, im sure someones done it before, but if not give it a crack its a hell of a lot of fun. its simple yet effective

full movespeed runes + any mastery that gives speed in and out of combat (see utility tree), plus any summoner buffs

summoner spells ghost+ revive

pick someone fast (i suggest rammus)

purchase order - mobility boots + zeal + zeal + zeal +zeal - I know this is a troll build but hear me out

the object of this build is to make you as fast a possible, zeal being the cheapest movespeed item. There are some that give 10%, but use your own judgement, if you got the money sure, if not, stick to zeal.

now before you start, tell your team you intend to capture and that they should ignore you and any enemies following you

game starts, proceed to powerball and cap turrets. eventually you become so annying that the enemy has no choice but to peel off and stop you, this is where you kite them, I normally end up with 2/3 chasin me, aslong as your team arent derp they can use this time to capture bases,

once you lose your tail, repeat process and recapture.

it is very important that you dont get stuck fighting with this build, the whole point of it is displacement. just keep harrassing unguarded bases and you will get the win. you can even kite people away from the base and finish the capture due to the speed you average

also works with yi,eve,kass (reccomend sticking to ap move speed for those ones) possibly hecarim, havnt tried it.

b4 you downvote, try it once and get back to me

thoughts?

Redeemed In Fire

02-07-2013

POOTERSS strat, doesn't work well with rammus because he only has burst MS. Goal is to itemize into kiting and speed, with stuff like Shurelyas and QSS (to cleanse off CC). Zil has revive ult and permanent (with levels) 55% MS boost, so he works well with this.

Worked for a while, lead to the antipoot strat with janna or other high CC champs. Died off because it's hard to make work and you end up being a massive jerk to the enemy team.

Catnium

02-07-2013

/facepalm

Orphane

02-07-2013

This build is retarded and you should feel bad, because lol hextech sweeper

Warrrrax

02-07-2013

As said, this strategy is called Pooters for some reason. Instead of Zeal, use Hextech Sweeper for the 10% MS for anyone that can benefit from AP (plus health). Zeal is useless to many champs, esp with no IE or AD.

Getting some CDR is valuable (sweeper, ionic boots) so you can re-use your movespeed booster faster. Rammus ball is 7 sec with a 10s CD that can be reduced to 6.

Other champs include Zilean, Teemo, Eve(stealth), maybe Miss Fortune(+70 base speed), KZ (long leap), maybe Poppy (5s 25% MS on 12s CD, plus hard to kill and good duelist.)

Torkable

02-07-2013

its called pooting because a player known as POOTERS made it famous. However, in general, this strategy is terrible and against any semi competent team you just ruin the game for your own team by forcing them to fight outnumbered all match because you insist on trying to cap mid while all 5 enemy champs are alive and get dunked on over and over.
Please do not use this strat in solo queue.

Volandum

02-07-2013

Remember to spell POOTERSS with two S.

GET REKT FGT

02-07-2013

Also, I made the Rammus POOTing strategy viable, the legendary man played with Janna, Zil, and Lulu... However that build is horrible.

POOTERSS doesn't/didn't like to wreck havoc with Rammus. Trust me, I would know.