Rumble is quite possibly the worst champion in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrJayGoBOOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I was ready to jump into this thread Flame Spitter running hot and Equalizer (A hint to Rumble's idealism) firing off in defense of one my most favorite champions. However I was pleasantly surprised to find an intellectual discussion that actually made me see Rumble in a new light. I still wouldn't characterized Rumble as a bigot, although I do see where the Original Poster, was coming from. Angry, sure. Divisive, sure. Ignorant? Hardly. He still shine's in my heart as a Champion for the underdogs out there, and for that I connect with him. That being said. Rumble needs more skins... PILTOVER CUSTOMS anyone?... Yea anyways..

FOR PILTOVER! FOR PROGRESS!

chase2426

03-08-2013

I'm sorry MrJay I gotta jump on you for that one.
Rumble isn't a part of Piltover. He hates Heimerdinger for joining Piltover and views him a a traitor. He also definitely wouldn't work with/for Heimer. So the Piltover Custom skin is out.

However the possibility of an ANTI-Piltover Customs skin is still a possibility so there's still hope!

MrJayGoBOOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase2426 View Post
I'm sorry MrJay I gotta jump on you for that one.
Rumble isn't a part of Piltover. He hates Heimerdinger for joining Piltover and views him a a traitor. He also definitely wouldn't work with/for Heimer. So the Piltover Custom skin is out.

However the possibility of an ANTI-Piltover Customs skin is still a possibility so there's still hope!
Indeed, I stand corrected, well played sir. Although I still think a Piltover Customs Skin would be REALLY cool. Or perhaps the "dream build" mentioned in his judgement? Still a great champion.

BuzzSawMF

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJayGoBOOM View Post
I was ready to jump into this thread Flame Spitter running hot and Equalizer (A hint to Rumble's idealism) firing off in defense of one my most favorite champions. However I was pleasantly surprised to find an intellectual discussion that actually made me see Rumble in a new light. I still wouldn't characterized Rumble as a bigot, although I do see where the Original Poster, was coming from. Angry, sure. Divisive, sure. Ignorant? Hardly. He still shine's in my heart as a Champion for the underdogs out there, and for that I connect with him. That being said. Rumble needs more skins... PILTOVER CUSTOMS anyone?... Yea anyways..

FOR PILTOVER! FOR PROGRESS!
I would love to see a legendary Rumble skin "Dream Design Rumble" and he would ride the machine in his judgement.

The Rumble

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
His lore basically states that he's angry at Yordles selling out and working with humans. So let's get started here, he's a racist bigot who thinks of a Yordle Master Race that has superior technology. That is a great start to this rant, definitely.
All the Noxians are racist. Rumble is proud of his race, if he were racist bigot, he wold not work as a champion togeter with the humans and The yordle tech IS superior, They had a mothership even before the origin of the city-states

Quote:
What's worse? It overheats anyway, because he has zero knowledge on how to create cooling systems. It even breaks down whenever he tries to use a joke.
The cooling systems use mana, tell me were someone can find a magical resource of energy in a junkyard?

and the joke is a JOKE.

Quote:
That machine KILLS him every time, and yet he wants people to go about using that instead of the "safe" human technology.
Jayce is killed by his own hammer, Trynda by his sword, Zigg die by his own bombs, The RoflCopter of Corky explodes as well... ETC

Quote:
He gloats and brags and giggles[/B] at people he's killing. So yeah, it's kind of clear he's fairly evil.
More than the half of the champions laugh in the fields when use skills. And a lot of them enjoy the job, Even Zac who is a "Good Guy"

--------------------------------------

Jayce is very similar to Rumble, both want the best for his city state, without caring about the rest. Yes that is selfish, but there are champs who are worse.

(oh god i will get downvoted as hell for this but:

Draven, by your logic is the one of the worst champs of the league:
He only cares about him, kills for fun, and only loves himself... and the only important thing that he did was killing some prisoners.

(Dont get me wrong, Draven is awesome))

OriginalA

03-17-2013

But... Draven is one of the worst champions in the League... for exactly those reasons. He is morally reprehensible.

Great entertainer though.

marzgamingmaster

03-17-2013

This thread is far more intelligent than I feared it would be. League of Legends really does have a fun fan-base.
Anyhoo, for my 2 cents...
I agree with some of those before me. Is he a jerk? Yes. Is he kinda creepy? Yes. Is his machine held together with glue-sticks and duct-tape? Yes. Are his ideals somewhat bass-ackwards? Yes. Is he nearly as evil as even half of the current roster? Ha ha ha ha no. As far as straight-up personality goes, perhaps he's one of the more unsavory champions, but that's ONLY because he's just a nasty fool, and not an evil monstrosity. If he WAS evil, he'd probably sit on the same popularity level as Veigar. As he's NOT, no-one takes him seriously, and he just comes off annoying.

Mdhe

03-17-2013

I do see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree on the point of racism. Racism is an unconditional hatred of a particular race (or species in a fantastical setting), but Rumble's hatred of humans is highly conditional. He sees humans benefit from yordle ingenuity only to turn around and make the yordles the butt of their jokes. If humans were to be more appreciative of yordletech or at very least respect yordles as their equals--which I think lore suggests they do not, on the whole--then Rumble wouldn't hate them any more.

A brief battery of other points: I wouldn't say he's a creeper. Tristana is probably one of Bandle City's biggest celebrities. It's understandable that he--and many other Yordles around his age--would have a little bit of a crush on her.

Tristy looks like she's made out of trash because she is made out of trash. That's why his passive is called "Junkyard Titan".

Overall I see Rumble as a socially awkward loner who just wants his species (and a little bit himself) to get more respect.

S Galaxy Rumble

03-17-2013

I love this thread. Analyzing every bit of his lore is fun and leads to interesting discussions.

PsychoB0b

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Veigar is an odd case.

If I recall his JoJ scheme to steal the Bandle City Mothership with enchanted baloons correctly, he seems like he wants to be the villian, but at the same time wants some kind of acknowledgement from other Yordles.

He didn't actually hurt anyone, he just put together an extremely short-sighted scheme that almost looked like an attempt to be the center of attention.

My theory is that Veigar is emotionally scarred, but puts on the Villian act to hide it and appear strong emotionally while still having the inherent Yordle need for positive social relationships, which he was denied in his Noxian imprisonment.

(Rumble, on the other hand, seems comfortable being a loner. This is odd for Yordles, as they are stated to require more social interaction than humans.)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Bandle_City#Yordles
Actually i agree with this quite a bit. Veigar...feels like he's putting on an act for attention. Constantly spouting how evil and diabolical he is.

But check his lore. How many evil things has he done? He obviously has the power to do some truely wicked things...and what does he accomplish? Magic balloons to steal the mothership.

....Magic. Balloons.

And he was stopped by teemo, who im fairly certain veigar should have no trouble handling given how powerful he is.

So yea, i feel the whole "I'm teh most ebil!" thing is an act for attention. Also take into consideration his apparent crush on lulu (somewhere in the lore, cant remember where) showing that he DOES still want/need some companionship.