The Heart of Darkness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Ah summoner, welcome to my study. You seek a rare book, one that is the account of the battle of the future! But also a battle of yesterday, the book that accounts the events of the Heart of Darkness. I believe I have it somewhere.....ah yes here it is. Be Warned summoner, there are forces out there who do not wish for this book to be seen. They destroyed all other copies of this I'm not sure why, but I believe something in this book might be dangerous to those in power, anyway this is the last one; I have kept in careful protection to ensure that it will last fore-- Oh my, it appears some of the pages are missing! How is this possible, I kept this book protected in a glass container away from any sight of pesky children. I will have to hunt them down and find them for you...the pages I mean! not the children! Heavens no..... but for now I will tell you the story I already have here.

So you want to know what exactly the Heart of Darkness is? Well, summoner, that is a tough question. Because the Heart of Darkness is theorized to be many different things. I believe the most common belief however, is that it is the heart of the void itself, The Will of the Void. It is also used to describe the time period, of which the void did and will attack and bring Valoran to the brink of destruction. This is the story I will tell you about.

Heart of Darkness
by BergMeister and Moby the White

Prologue: Reign of Chaos
Prologue: Prologue: Of Darkness and Destiny
Prologue 1: Darkness Decends
Prologue 2: Rising Tides

Chapter 1: Red Skies
Chater 2: Maelstrom Wake
Chapter 3: Hurricane Wall
Chapter 4: Gayle Force Winds
Journals of the Heart of Darkness: BergMeister
I've forgotten the date, thus I have no choice but to mark them by days that have passed: Thus, Day 1.
It is true! My theories are true, I leave this note upon my trail, I am on the run for the void is on to me, I carry a sacred book, its contents hold the knowledge of the key to the destruction of the void! I must delay the inevitable of them capturing me until enough of the book has materialized. The book is writing itself! Do you believe that? I have before you the start of chapter 1. Search out for more of my notes, I will leave them here, tell the world then what it is that can be used to stop the void! I must go, I see them overlooking the valley. Damned creatures! Until next time, summoners! Farewell.

Day 7
I continue my tale summoners, I have escaped the void for a little while longer and found a small cave in the mountains and am writing this note and leaving it here before I must leave again. As I was traveling the bright light emitted from the book once more and I saw words engrave themselves upon the pages. More curious, the book spoke to me! It said it was cursed and that its name was Moby. Therefore after much thought, I have decided to name the book Moby, no no no, the book is still called Heart of Darkness, but I call it Moby. Am I going crazy perhaps, I am talking to an inanimate object..... Regardless, I must move again, I cannot stay too long in the same place lest the void discover me and the hope of Valoran is destroyed.

Day 8
I shudder at the horror this story tells of, our fate is in the hands of beings not from our world, why the sudden interest in our world? What is it that Runeterra holds? Why are we of so much interest to not only the void but beings beyond, and why would they want to save us? These questions, so curious. More, Moby the Book! I need more answers! Curses! The void are on to me yet again, I wonder if Moby is emitting an energy that is drawing them to me....traitorous book! Oh my I'm losing my mind aren't I...talking to books...

Day 15
Bastards nearly got me, apologize for the delay, I had a small injury after a small confrontation with a void creature, I managed to kill it, but took a gash to the leg and had to ensure the damn thing didn't call its friends. I'm lucky it was only one, but I'll tell you what, Moby makes a great weapon sometimes, used him to bash its brains in, while I was doing so Moby started writing in himself again, wonder if that helped at all.... Therefore, I have decided Moby is not a traitor. Good book! I knew I could count on you! Regardless, he spoke of a man named Kassadin that knew of the void coming for quite some time, and people are blowing off his warnings. Also a magic surpression, this all seems too much to take in, for something to be that powerful, it just......I don't know, it sounds.....unbeatable. Perhaps we really have no hope, Moby asked me to destroy him, silly suicidal book, I'll prevent him from hurting himself, I promise this!

Day 18
My Injury as forced me to take refuge and thus I have hunkered down in a secure location and am leaving notes by making paper vessles that can fly a short distance, I've learned this trick in my adventures through piltover from a young yordle who was bored in his classes, quite an extravagant use of origami which is usually an Ionian trade, how curious! I am rambling, perhaps missing being able to travel so freely through the beautiful landscapes and green hills with blue skies.....now ruined and covered by these beasts. Moby tells me that Moby is searching for me, silly book! I'm right here! Must I do a dance in front of you for you to see me book? Maybe that will make you feel less depressed! I am here for you Moby the book! Oh, and sorry for smacking you into those horrid creatures. Oh my! I'm talking to a book again.....

Day 24
Moby wrote again, however they contain the notes decoded that I have left behind....how is it possible, can the book read my mind or is there something more to this than what I am realizing...Perhaps the book isn't writing itself and someone else is? But no thats not possible, the author would have been dead for ages...this book is older than I am...unless...no, that doesn't make sense.....Reguardless, I see a strange figure outside of my cave, he has my notes! I have decided to throw my paper flying vessles at him until he notices me, However my accuracy is rather poor...I will continue to try. However I might run out of paper at this rate, no worries! My next plan if I run out of paper is to throw Moby at him, I'm sure that will get his attention! Oh my! I've just realized looking at Moby that there is slight damage to the lock, as well a tuft of fur from the voidling Moby saved me from. I will work immediately to repair the book in between throwing paper vessles at this figure.

Day 35
And so my journey with the strange figure who turned out to be the real Moby, a man who is dead and alive at the same time, and neither here nor there, but here none the less as he stands before me, begins. I am tasked with protecting and carrying the book as this man rants on of the story of the Heart of Darkness. I have managed to repair the lock, much to both Moby's pleasure, although the book doesn's seem as mysterious and living as it once did, before this bard showed up at my homely cave, thus it is odd to call it Moby, even though that is what I came to know it as. My absence to the lack of writing in my journal was due to the lack of paper, however, having a bard has its benefits, for one, he came with plenty of paper, at least until we can pass by one of the cities in our journey's and I may stop by one of my homes (more of a storage units really), perhaps even swing by Piltover where I can take one last look at my bookshop, and take all of the things that I was negligent to bring. None the less, my journey begins and I will say what I can from the information the book and Moby spill forth. Farewell summoners for now, I will write again soon.

Day 60
While Moby was asleep, I opened the book to read some of the articles, looking for some clue to explain this all. As I was flipping through the book came to life and glowed once more, I threw the book in horror, as it had never reacted as such to my touch. Moby noticed nothing and continued sleeping. Seemed it would take a damn Minotaur stampede to wake him. I went over and picked up the book again, and noticed several pages near the front still glowing; I touched them and they were burning hot. As I was nursing my burn, I noticed they cooled off, and went to open the book. As I said a gale force wind blew over the book and opened it to the page. There written in a black blood, unlike the blood moby used to write the book, there was written. "KARN, THE ETERNAL!" I stumbled backwards, Karn had been long dead, killed by Vudu, and here he was writing yet again. As the characters burned into the book, it told the tale of Moby's past, and his involvement with a man by the name of Thade. Who was this man? What purpose did he serve to the Heart of Darkness? Why was his destiny so important, to where Karn himself would care, and Moby would risk everything to change his past. I called to Moby, he did not respond. I looked at the book, then back at Moby. Minotaur herd here we come. I thew the book with great force at Moby, it struck him sqare in the head and bounced off landing near him with a solid thud. He jolted upwards with a look of surprise. I began to speak until I looked into his eyes and realized, He was in the middle of a vision. The book began to glow again. It seems my questions would have to wait. In the meantime, I would amuse myself with the book shaped bruise on his forehead.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Here is the account of the champions of tomorrow, and the children of the heart who stood upon the grounds of Runeterra, and made the history of the events of the Heart of Darkness.

Children of the Heart:
Embodiment of the Will of the Void
Swarm of the Void
Fiddlesticks
Nocturne
Zed
Malzahar
Tempest Swain
Kog'maw
Kil'gore, The Heart of Darkness
Krad, Historian of Eternity
Sta'Kov, Desire's Dread
Ara'Dam, The Iron Colossus

Defenders of Tomorrow:
Helba
Achion
Vudu
Bianca
Dante
Vash
Kassadin
Zilean
Domovoi
Safred
Vivalis, The Trouble shooter
Yuela, the Empty Blade
Paragon, The Perfect Killer
Caitlyn

Neutral:
Thresh
Gragas
Kiara, One with the Void (Kassadin's Daughter)

BergMeister

02-06-2013

Non-Lore Information:
The Campaign has been scrapped! It has been decided by those who are involved in the Heart of Darkness movement will instead be suggesting an MMORPG to be created using the League of Legends Universe and an addition to Riot's current number of games (League of Legends, and a possible Chew, that people are curious of what is). A name is still being decided, but we are currently working on a demo. All characters used in the Heart of Darkness story, will appear in the MMORPG.

I present to you:

Dawn
of the Coming Storm

The golden age of Valoran brought on a peace that the world had never seen before, while conflict still existed, it never bought war or death, the League of Legends had succeeded in their goal. However a dark shadow in the sky appeared over the land tainting the clear blue skies and the golden hills. A storm was coming, one that the world would never forget. Champions from across the world would rise up to meet this storm and challenge the torrential waters, will you fight with honor under the Banner of Demacia, will you fight for glory under the fist of Noxus, or will you forge your own path, exiling you from the cities and let the world decide what kind of hero you are?

So what would be different about this MMO, then any other MMORPG?

Fees:
To keep with the theme that Riot has set out, the goal would be to make this MMORPG subscription free, with the option to buy cool things that are mostly for vanity, that may also earn rewards in League of Legends, and vice versa. In otherwords, you buy a legendary skin in LoL and you would get a otherwise unaquirable weapon/armor skin in the MMO.

Class System:
We wanted a unique class system that gave players the option to have a lot of uniqueness in the way their character is built. There will be 3 main classes: Magi, Assassin, Warrior. "Wow, berg, thats not a lot of options?" Hold on I'm not done. From there, after acquiring a certain level, you will choose a higher class that is combining one of the other Main classes to your class, and you also can choose to become a grandmaster of the class you are already in. In otherwords: you are a warrior (lets say), you hit x level. You can now choose to combine any of the main classes, if you choose Warrior, you will become a Juggernaut, if you choose a Magi, you will become a Warmage, if you choose assassin, you will become a Blademaster. From your new class, a talent tree would open up, that has 3 branches that you can choose for each, further specializing your character.
Attachment 649788

Guild System:
Guilds would be called Leagues. An aspiring League Master would need to travel to the Institute of War and from there may create a new League. Leagues will function mostly the same way as many guilds do in other games, theres no reason to fix what isn't broken, leagues will level up by being active and doing things that assist in the health of the game, by simply logging on, you will earn your league experience and yourself status in your league. What is status? status is your reputation within your league, which allows you to open up new rewards. Once you aquire "champion" level within your League, you have the ability to join the League of Legends (this is not a guild, necessarily, but opens up a new chat which you can join if you want, and also opens you up to new bonus's and other rewards). Earning Champion status of the League of Legends allows you to elite rewards, instances, and zones.

General Information:
One issue with a lot of MMO's is your world really isnt as big as they make it out to seem, once you level up to a certain point, many of the zones because pointless to explore and to travel. Your world essentially is reduced to a city, where you sit fat upon your mount with all this awesome flaming gear, and graze. None of that! As you level certain areas will change. For example, you once leveled up in a wonderful grassy zone, that you loved and cherished, but you eventually completed everything you could there, and your assistance there was no longer, the world needed your skills of mashing buttons elsewhere, eventually you aquire a certain level, and a frantic herald comes up to you and says that zone is under attack by strange creatures that are near numberless! So you hop on your mount and take a peek, and that once grassy zone is now a burning wreckage, and you stop for a second and shed a tear.....all those poor squirrels! You must avenge them! And so you do. The zone is now a new leveling area geared to your level, but still exists as it was for lower levels, using a technology called phase technology. After achieving the main part, you will have the ability to do more quests that help in restoring the land back to how it was. Quests will not be boring as most MMO's, you will often find yourself joining large forces that are assulting a particular stronghold and such. There will be events that occur that grant you experience when you complete them, however one mistake guild wars made was that the events continued to occur and you found yourself doing the same thing over and over, and you began to think, what the hell did I do then? what was my participation for? No. they will be triggered events, that you can often complete on your own which often you won't have to as there will be people around you doing the same, that your success of failure will effect and change the world around you that will be permanent, but can be altered again based upon future events that you will complete to right your wrong. While partied, zones you are in will be based upon the lowest "phase" progress in your party.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Class ststem.png
Views:	28
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	684100  

BergMeister

02-06-2013

Among the new there were also the old, those who had fought in the league of legends at its height, when the world still cared about the petty disputes between Old Noxus and the once shining city of Demacia. Some of these champions became defenders, as it was their only way of survival. But some, inevitably joined the void. Here is the account of what was to become of the champions of the league and the changes that occured to them.

<Coming Soon>

Moby the White

02-08-2013

Daddy is here

Nysta

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
Daddy is here
Hi Daddy

Nah just joking, looking forward to this one. Could be an interesting read. I do feel that it is in the wrong forums however. This surely is Fan Fiction. Anyways, I'm glad you posted it here, because I don't like the Fan Fiction Forums.

Cheers

BergMeister

02-08-2013

The issue is that it contains champions who were created here and not in the fan fictions. Also this is larger than fiction this post will contain champions made specifically for Heart of Darkness as well as ones who join it. Also, it will contain a new map and lore as to what is to occur to the old ones. It will also contain skins for current champions. This is larger than the fan fiction forum and therefore theres only one home to something this big [; and thats right here in this forum.

iam PYR0

02-08-2013

hey berg about to watch a movie but i need to talk to you hopefully you are still on when i get back.

BergMeister

02-08-2013

sure finishing up my Throwdown piece, almost done.

Moby the White

02-08-2013

gragas will be neutral