Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

need some Twisted Fate help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OpticZeRo

10-25-2010

Hi everyone i just need some help how to properly play Twisted Fate and use destiny to its max potential. I started playing Twisted Fate about a week ago and instantly loved his play style. I use an AP build and it works great but i cant manage to get alot of kill the most i ever got was 10.
I also die alot roughly 8 times, but i do get 20+ assists.

i just want to master T Fate and help my team more then what i already do. I just feel like i dont use Twisted Fate like he should be used. I see people getting 20+ kills with him and rarely die.
thanks for your help

omgwtflolbbl

10-25-2010

Focus less on getting a million kills and more on winning the actual game. There is nothing wrong with going even kills/deaths but racking up a ton of assists. TF's greatest strength is map presence/mobility and when destiny is up and you have a free chance (no ganks available) you should be using it to push a lane. Sometimes the best method of doing this is to simply walk down one lane, push it hard, then gate away when the other team comes down and push another lane. Both AP and DPS TF are good tower pushers. In a team fight TF's main role is to be a stun bot, stunning key targets whenever needed with his extremely low cd PaC. At the same time, he can offload a lot of damage, but his main utility is in his Gold Card. Otherwise, you treat him as any other physical carry if you're DPS (though keep in mind he has terrible range and is really squishy) or you skirt at the edges nuking from safety with Wild Cards, going in only for Gold Cards/Lich Bane procs.

People get 20+ kills with him and rarely die because people are bad. That's really all there is to it. It may just be because they're playing below their ELO or they got laned against a feeder or something, but in general TF isn't some amazing god carry who can consistently rack up a huge KDR every game.

soulfire89

10-25-2010

Twisted Fate was probably the first champ I unlocked cuz when I first started playing I did a lot of researching on a lot of the different champs and he just appealed to me. I would say maybe it could have something to do with how your building him in-game but this would all be dependant on your team make up and how the opposing team is made up as well. With TF I like to use an AP build as well coupled with lots of attack speed because I feel that with TF attack speed is something that makes a real difference. I usually go with items like Nashor's Tooth, I always grab Last Whisper as well but then theres things like Starks Fervor which also help. Once I have a comfortable attack speed working out I usually always go Infinity Edge just because its one of the most trustworthy weapon items ive seen so far in my playing. But also I truly feel that as much as TF is a lane control machine hes also just a really good gank/harrasser just because hes.... we'll say good for that. Master your ability to sit on "Pick a Card" and be sure you get really good at picking gold cards just because against other players thats the best way to go then im sure you already know blue is good but refunds mana then red just stuns less than the gold? (not positive on that) but master the gold card and what have you then you should be able to help yourself with the kills or atleast get more assists and die less. As for Destiny.... its a really good ultimate ability but I personally believe the CD is a little long and kinda makes it less valuable than it could be but on vids ive watched its always good to use to help teammates in a tight spot or use it to do some hardcore backdoor ganking on enemy players.

hope i helped

OpticZeRo

10-25-2010

thanks for the help. ill try out the advice

Arctic Vulpes

10-25-2010

4 Phantom Dancers bloodthirster and Madreds <---- dont know how to spell that
This will give massive move speed massive damage out put and the life steal will make you survive for a super long time.

mult1pass44

10-25-2010

Quote:
Shaftma:
This will give massive move speed massive damage out put and the life steal will make you survive for a super long time.

how long does it take to make that much gold?

A Retarded Clown

10-25-2010

testing out this build but:

Dorans
Boots depending on other team (dont get mercs, reducing cc is not gonna save ur ass if u get cced, better off getting swiftness to not get cced in the first place)
Rageblade
Gunblade
Nashors
Infinity Edge
Defensive item.

Note how I go to more AD ish towards the end. THat's basically because AP becomes rather weak late game.

Btw late game, you can always sell your rageblade and get Zhonyas or Mejais instead, or sell Nashors Tooth though I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, Nashor's might not be the best option, get mejais or zhonya's instead so u have decent AP AND good AP by late game.

If other team has loads of dps, get Randuins Omen and spam the active when they get near to you, this will usually let you kill them easy. The CDR is nice too.

omgwtflolbbl

10-25-2010

Quote:
Shaftma:

This is exactly how to not build any character, ever.