BFT and Void Staff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jushiiro

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krent8 View Post
You say this like no one has tried to build tanky against this...
it's still easier to build against bft/void than it is to build against last whisper/cleaver

Koravel

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krent8 View Post
Why is it that people always assume the person in question isn't doing the standard... I built lots of mr....I built over 140 mr and over 1200 health (not including runes and masteries) while still being able to deal decent damage against a fairly tanky ap caster. I was bot by the way taking over because no one else could hold it.
If you had 140 mr, and they had Vstaff and BFT, then you still have 80 mr against that. Hardly "not worth building defense."

konfetarius

02-08-2013

Eh, you forgot the flat pen. Assuming mastery, marks, and sorc shoes he would have had that reduced to 39 MR. That means he was taking about 30% less damage than he would if he didn't build the MR.

Assuming he had a hero with 2000ish base health at max level, and the 1200 extra health, that means he had effective 4.4k health against the offending AP.

There are very, VERY few APs capable of doing that much raw damage in 1 rotation. In fact, it's unrealistic that this will happen in Dominion. Le Blanc, which has one of the highest, if not the highest, total AP damage/ratio in the game, will do 3.2k raw magic damage in a full combo with 500 AP. She would need DFG and the BFT proc to reach that damage point.

Jushiiro

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Le Blanc, which has one of the highest, if not the highest, total AP damage/ratio in the game.
Malzahar

General Quackers

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
You know, at some point, you're actually expected to kill the guy who's spent over 6k gold and only has +250 health to show for it.

And for the last time the dot on bft is not the issue, so the health on odyns isn't going to waste unless its elise or mumu that's giving you grief.
The DoT on BFT is the entire issue. It's a big damage pump on top of all those stats.

lbgsloan

02-09-2013

IMO they could easily fix BFT by just slapping a DoT penalty on the burn. The problem champions with it are the ones with easily spammed DoT spells, while on anyone else the burn is just a nice bonus. It's still an overly convienient stat stick like BC and I hate idiot proof builds, but the situation for many APs is dire enough on Dominion to warrant it I think. APs in S2 were forced to build extremely tanky, and BFT and Wooglets have opened up a viable damage path again. If things like Nid traps and Amumu tears weren't making people cry IRL there would be less of a problem with BFT.