Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Made of Paper Lunar Revel Contest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Allegator

02-25-2013

Quote:
Kenny G K:
anyone know how to check if the resolution of the image is 1024x768? or is there a way to change the resolution? cuz im pretty sure pixel is not resolution and I don't understand the dpi. maybe resolution not changeable?

yea you can do it on paint. just select the resize option and pick pixel (remember to uncheck aspect ratio).

Hope this helps good luck

Chaezy

02-26-2013

hey i just tried to submit but it was too late, riot can i please have an extension i was literally 1 min late
the deadline confusion also messed me up

The Allegator

02-26-2013

May we post our submission on here now? Since the contest is over. I wanna see all the creative things you guys came up with.

EnemyTripleKill

02-26-2013

Is there already a specific date that the contest winners will be announce? or is it just as soon as the judging finishes... I'm just curious...

xcandra

02-26-2013

I am just glad I got my pictures taken before my almost 4 year old daughter decided part of my submission would make and excellent toy and she ripped his arms and legs and details off. She told me she was sorry she broke it afterwards.

I suspect she had help from our cat.

The Allegator

02-26-2013

Since the deadline's already over, I'll share my entry with you guys. This piece took forever!!
Its Elise in her spider form.

Reinous

02-26-2013

Quote:
Pedro LopeZz:
Since the deadline already over, I'll share my entry with you guys. This piece took forever!!
Its Elise in her spider form.

Nice dude! Just out of curiosity, how many pieces of paper was that? I did Elise as well but all I can say is thank god there is more then one grand prize winner xD Mine isn't nearly as good.

The Allegator

02-26-2013

Quote:
Reinous:
Nice dude! Just out of curiosity, how many pieces of paper was that? I did Elise as well but all I can say is thank god there is more then one grand prize winner xD Mine isn't nearly as good.

Hey thanks, IT WAS A LOT! I lost count but I believe it was 1500+ triangles (my paper's dimension is 2.5 x 4.3 inches) I did the math on the legs and they come out to be 70 pieces for each leg, times that by 8 which equals out to 560 pieces right there.

At first I was making Lion Dance Kog'maw but notice everyone was building that one so I kinda switched it up. You should post your i wanna see what kind of method you used. Cause I just kinda free styled mines.

How many pieces did you used? and what gave you the most trouble while building it? it was the abdomen and body for me, took forever to get it attached. i had to do it from the underside, the legs were pretty annoying too.

Reinous

02-26-2013

Quote:
Pedro LopeZz:
Hey thanks, IT WAS A LOT! I lost count but I believe it was 1500+ triangles (my paper's dimension is 2.5 x 4.3 inches) I did the math on the legs and they come out to be 70 pieces for each leg, times that by 8 which equals out to 560 pieces right there.

At first I was making Lion Dance Kog'maw but notice everyone was building that one so I kinda switched it up. You should post your i wanna see what kind of method you used. Cause I just kinda free styled mines.

How many pieces did you used? and what gave you the most trouble while building it? it was the abdomen and body for me, took forever to get it attached. i had to do it from the underside, the legs were pretty annoying too.

Well I only used one piece for mine, its pretty much just a generic spider =x I also made two smaller spiders for her spiderlings. I thought about doing Skarner, but I changed my mind after I thought about Elise. I figured no one would think to do her AND her spiderlings.

I guess I'm still just a noob when it comes to origami, I can make those simple cranes and what not. After seeing yours though and looking at it, I think I could have done something similar, the idea just never came to mind. I've never tried free styling before.

I'm not going to post mine because it would be to embarrassing, but thank you for posting yours, its given me a lot of ideas for next time.

The Allegator

02-26-2013

Quote:
Reinous:
Well I only used one piece for mine, its pretty much just a generic spider =x I also made two smaller spiders for her spiderlings. I thought about doing Skarner, but I changed my mind after I thought about Elise. I figured no one would think to do her AND her spiderlings.

I guess I'm still just a noob when it comes to origami, I can make those simple cranes and what not. After seeing yours though and looking at it, I think I could have done something similar, the idea just never came to mind. I've never tried free styling before.

I'm not going to post mine because it would be to embarrassing, but thank you for posting yours, its given me a lot of ideas for next time.

Hey there's nothing to be embarrass about, we did our best and had fun that's all there is to it. I'm a noob at this too. I found out about 3D origami by researching and thought i could execute it. I was gonna do one with a huge sheet of paper but it looks too hard for me so I just did what was comfortable to me. I never thought of including the spiderlings that's a really good idea. You've gave me some good ideas for next time as well.