Penalty for leaving a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dandroid9

10-24-2010

Make one, -1000 ip points for leaving a game and mine 2000 thousand ip points for showing up at the end of a game so you dont get a leave, something, tired of leavers and ragequitters. and im only level 7

Undead Fleshgod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

A system where you must give 500 IP (given back after the game if you don't leave) would be more appropriate.

Juniormint

10-24-2010

I just left a game because there were 3 people in one lane, and the other was following me up mid. I knew right off they were idiots so I just went ahead and left. The new system didn't make me think twice about it, but actually sped up my decision to not try and "Get into" a game and just stop it before it even stops. Just say f-it and boot up some Bad Company 2 for a bit, wait it out.

Azarhac

10-24-2010

Nah, there are high penalties already, sure ones that don't matter to people who don't give a ****, but harsh for people who do.

I mean the insane amount of Elo lost for a dodge or leave in ranked is 20, which is huge when you are gaining 11-13 per win max.

WatDuhHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

lolol

Knyaz

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Fleshgod View Post
A system where you must give 500 IP (given back after the game if you don't leave) would be more appropriate.
Sorry but real life DOES happen. Far to harsh of a penalty.

Tbh im sick of the QQ about leavers because the blame is always fired at the same spots. "LEAVERS should be hanged!!!!" , "Riot why wont you BAN ALL LEAVERS OMGGGGG".

They need to come up with a way to mitigate the effect a player leaving the game has on the teams. As to leavers themselves , i guarantee every person who reads my post will have atleast one leave on their account. I have 9 or something like that. These people are not an issue , serial leavers perhaps are and they are the ones who get banned.

So basically stop lobbing for tougher punishments. I think its pure hyperbole to suggest there is some epidemic of serial leavers. Its natural that in a game like LoL where matches can range from 20 mins to over an hour , real life will get in the way. There is no way for the player to pick a shorter game over a longer one (save maybe playing TT). So its to be expected that every noun gain , your game will have a leaver. Instead of trying to prevent leavers , why not reduce the negative effect they have on the games they are in.