Any Realistic Hope for Urgot Changes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TanakaPunie

02-05-2013

Realistically speaking, is there any hope for urgot to get tweaked a little? A slight buff? Some QoL changes? Anything? My main gripe is that his Q's and ults range is pretty terrible right now and he has no choices for sustain items. An AD + Spell vamp item would be good on him but would utterly break some other champs.

A good change imo would make it so that he could fire his Q/e without slowing/interrupting his walking speed. It would make him have a mini escape with shield +q + e combo by slowing down incoming attackers and help him kite better.

iPandaN

02-06-2013

Change his W to allow his slow to be cast after shield breaks?
Decreasing the Cast time on his Q to just a small stutter would make it really nice
You could buff his lvl 6 Ulti range, as it's horrendous, but alas Urgot is a very hard champion to balance
Seems when they've tried they either make him so OP or super weak

Lumberjock

02-06-2013

cast time on Q is fine considering its scaling.

Rang on R is the real problem imo. I prefer using in a blitzcrank "your under my turret early lol" kind of way, but in late game the range and cast time mean either i cant get you, or by the time i do you died anyway. Its like a really bad stun that puts in you in the enemy team when its over

TanakaPunie

02-06-2013

No love for the jello crab?

jedidioh

02-06-2013

how about, make him actually be able to do other roles (ranged tank) which was the original intention of riot when they made him in the first place.... until they reworked the shield mechanic overall and noticed his niche in a tourney as an early game harasser, nerfed it, says sorry they overdone it and then decided to stick to what is urgot now.....

TanakaPunie

02-06-2013

I think if they just tweaked his Q cast time so that early game he still only does 3 per bomb but when he gets CDR, the lower cast time coupled with a lower cool down Q will let him get 4 in per bomb.

GeorgeC

02-06-2013

I really enjoy Urgot, but I agree he could use a few changes. Not necessarily buffs, but tweaks that would make playing him a lot more fun.

Aesthetically, he's a giant metal crab spider with the upper body of a fat man. The concept is all over the place.

Functionally, I'd like to see the Q borrow from Darius' spin that damages enemies more near the head of the axe. Players and minions at the center of the acid splash receive damage over time and lose a small percentage of their armor during the acid effect's duration, while players and minions at the edges receive only the damage over time effect. Also, the acid glows, revealing stealth players and players in bushes.

I'd also like to see the suppress effect from R not applied to Urgot during its cast. I don't see the point, and it would be interesting to give the player those extra few seconds to apply some damage or move closer to their teammates.

Cretinok

02-06-2013

How about changing his shield to scale off of AD rather than AP?

TanakaPunie

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
How about changing his shield to scale off of AD rather than AP?

Totally forgot about that. Yah that would help a ton. And open up a little space to build better damage. However, I remember that his original nerfs were because his shield was TOO strong.

TanakaPunie

02-07-2013

MORE URGOT LOVE HE DEMANDS IT

This is a picture I drew of him in my GGW fantasy.