Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think an Ascended Minion would be a fun champ.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrononumberXIII

02-05-2013

FOR THE FALLEN!!

Like a veteran, a smart minion who picked his battles, went to kill the nexus in every game he was in.

Then he won so many that something incredible happened, he was transformed into a larger more powerful minion. one who would stand up for his brethren and fight in the League.

I like this idea

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
A purple caster minion that's shaped more like a normal human.

And maybe with wings, shiny gauntlets, and some sort of head ornament (like a laurel or crown).

Edit: He could save minions instead of killing them, like how PFE has a custom animation for last hits. But the minions would be saved and stuff.

Another idea I like
Quote:
PSI Starstorm:
Would be pretty cool. Maybe when he last hits a minion they just walk back to their nexus and dissapear

Edit #2: I would love it if a Red saw this.

Edit #3: 7 pages? Dang dudes, I never thought so many people would like the idea.

Edit #4: Maybe he could have an aura that buff minions a little bit, like raising the morale of his brethren.

Edit #5: Seeing so many people like this idea makes me so happy

Edit #6: Guys, Veigar is a Yordle D:

This is neat, but he would be fiercer, like a mother bear protecting her cubs.
Quote:
Fenstick:
Lore:

While learning how to properly summon minions on the Fields of Justice, a young summoner accidentally created a self-aware, fully functioning caster minion. In secret, he practiced his art, until perfecting it. When he unveiled it to the expert summoners, they realized that he had created something beyond what they could have ever expected. They banned him from summoning and took this minion to be destroyed so that none could ever be created again. However, the minion fought back, even being able to stand up to the champions of the League. After some deliberation, it was decided that this minion, aptly named Bob, would be allowed to represent himself in the League.

Bob fights for his minion brethren, saving them from harm whenever possible, hoping that someday he will have another minion become as he is.

"Please don't hit him, he's my cousin." -Bob

You guys are so cool and creative.
Quote:
Vendridil:
Passive - "For the Fallen": Whenever an allied unit near <Insert Champ Name> dies, he heals himself for 2/4/6% of their max health

Q - "Power Creep": Promotes all allied minions within range, giving them increased MS, AS, and AD for 6 seconds, <Insert Champ Name> gains all gold from enemies killed by these minions.
(16/15/14/13/12 sec CD, 50 mana at all ranks) (Range 300)

W - "Caster Minion Op": <Insert Champ Name> blasts target enemy with a ball of fury containing the pain and suffering of his fallen brethren.
(7 sec CD, 80/130/180/230/280 (+.3 per allied minion slain by target enemy) (+.3 per ap) 70/75/80/85/90 mana) (Range 650)

E - "Live On!": <Insert Champ Name> works to the good of his kind and heals himself for 80/110/140/170/200 (.2 per ap) and nearby friendly units for half the amount.
(12 sec CD) (40/50/60/70/80 mana) (Range 300)

R - "Avenger": <Insert Champ Name> channels the fury of all allied slain minions and lashes out at his foes, temporarily gaining increased AP, MS, Mana Regen, Health Regen, and Health for each minion slain, this effect lasts 12 seconds. (10% of all allied minions slain by enemy champions within this ability's cast range are converted in to the above stats) (Range 650) (CD 180/150/100 seconds) (Cost 100/150/200 mana)

These are kinda cool too
Quote:
Scarey23:
A couple of abilities that could be neat.

-An ability in which he could blend in with the other minions. Maybe he projects an image of his former self, a caster minion. He's invisible as long as the projected minion is alive for up to 5 seconds.

-A burst ability where energy would fly from each nearby minion to his target. All the minions, at the command of the champion just burst the target all at once one time. The more minions, the more burst.

-He can take on up to three minions as personal minions that follow him and do his bidding.

Edit #7: 100 upvotes? WHAAAAA/!?!?!

Edit #8: What? I come back to 200 upvotes?!?! You guys, you guys are awesome. MORE MINION EXPOSURE!

Edit #9: HOLY BUTTS! 300 upvotes!!

Why are you guys so creative!!
Quote:
Demonic Instinct:
I like this idea. The minion champion could have 2 default "skins," a blue one for blue side and a purple/red one for purple/red side.

Now as for the whole buffing minions thing, that is a tricky thing to do because it's a double edged sword. It would push your lane constantly which most people consider to be a bad thing in most circumstances. Maybe his/her ult could "promote" a minion into a pet. It would gain increased stats, be able to be commanded by him and would be able to follow him around.

Averdrian

02-05-2013

He's called bob.

NVDax

02-05-2013

The Purple Caster minion?

ChrononumberXIII

02-05-2013

Quote:
Wen Bin:
He's called bob.

Bob, the Ascended Minion

Destroyer of champions who slaughter his people.

Mr Quadratic

02-05-2013

They already made and release Teemo bro.

Ebent

02-05-2013

This could be great.

Rewdas

02-05-2013

Quote:
NVDax:
The Purple Caster minion?

The Purple Caster Minion

ChrononumberXIII

02-05-2013

Quote:
Rewdas:
The Purple Caster Minion

The Purple Caster Minion to lead them all.

TheNittles

02-05-2013

Minions are just mindless constructs made by amateur summoners. That said, I think a Rogue Summoner, who fights by using minions could make an awesome champ.

ChrononumberXIII

02-05-2013

Power to the minions! You will not keep them down!