Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dodging Queue in ranked: A free pass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

02-05-2013

Quote:
xKILL10NAIREx:
This is a very positive idea. We all know people can have real life emergencies (yes, girlfriend counts), and we might need to dodge a game, but this "free pass" its good for people who only dodge under those circumstances and troll dodgers can still get punished which is fine.

That's the idea. Trolls still suffer, normal players don't.

Disgustipated86

02-05-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:
(Don't wanna read reasoning/explanation? Skip to the bold part for the idea)

So, with the new ranked system, I want to take a look at dodging. Because honestly sometimes it's the only way to avoid a loss. Arguing teammates, people who lock in troll comps, etc etc etc. Honestly there are just times when you are faced with dodging the queue or just going along with three mid.

Now, what if we changed ranked this way to better accommodate these times? The change is written below:

Every 24 hours you are awarded ONE free dodge token. You will not lose LP and your inability to play ranked is shortened to 15 minutes. Will not affect placement matches or division matches.

For one thing, this isn't a change that can be abused. You get one dodge token a day. You're not gonna waste it simply because you think they got a better team comp. Or maybe they will and you're stuck without a dodge token for that one troll match you end up getting into.

Along with that, we can't ignore that there ARE trolls who will go out of their way to screw with people in placement matches because "It's funny to screw with someone who can advance". With a dodge token you'll be able to get out of those situations without fear of instantly falling out of your placement matches.

Please not I am NOT asking for "Give me the ability to dodge freely and not lose LP" because that's just not right to dodge when you feel their team is stronger. I'm talking about the times where you have that troll who you want nothing to do with. At most I figure we could bump it up to three a day with no rolling over, but that's just an idea.

What do you guys think?

I only lose 3 LP per dodge, that isnt that bad

haaaaaaaalp

02-05-2013

FYI, the lost lp is not as bad as you think. Keep in mind that the amount of LP you gain and lose from a match depends on where your tier/division/lp is compared to your hidden elo. Since you do not lose and any elo from dodging, any lp you lose will be given back to you over the course of a few games from higher lp per win and lower lp per loss. The only time dodging hurts you is during the promotion matches and even then, you can reach the promotion matches faster the second time.

ShineySides

02-05-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:
(Don't wanna read reasoning/explanation? Skip to the bold part for the idea)

So, with the new ranked system, I want to take a look at dodging. Because honestly sometimes it's the only way to avoid a loss. Arguing teammates, people who lock in troll comps, etc etc etc. Honestly there are just times when you are faced with dodging the queue or just going along with three mid.

This is not the point of a queue dodge. The whole point is, if you accidentally d/c during the lobby it doesnt ruin your team by making them play 4v5. They already added the afk button to improve this.

There isnt and shouldnt be a "eject" button just because you dont "like how it looks". This is the kind of stuff that makes it impossible to play anything but the "best" champions right now.

And heres the kicker. Trolls love to **** up lobbies, by letting people dodge, that troll cant be reported and goes on to mess up another lobby. On and ON and ON until finally no one quits and then maybe he doesnt get reported.

CmdrCodPiece

02-05-2013

I have played a ranked game where someone said "I have to go" and "dodge, dodge, dodge" right before the game starts. They feed a few kills before saying "sorry" and leaving. I wish I would have had a free dodge that day, instead of losing 18 elo.

The person above me raises a good point. I reported that person in the aforementioned game, but only after a 40 min 4 v 5 loss and losing the 18 elo.

If there is a "holy **** I need out of this que and away from these players" button, it should come with an option to explain why you used it, or report people for being so toxic that you know immediately that this is gonna be 20+ minutes of "why didn't I just leave"

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

02-05-2013

Quote:
haaaaaaaalp:
FYI, the lost lp is not as bad as you think. Keep in mind that the amount of LP you gain and lose from a match depends on where your tier/division/lp is compared to your hidden elo. Since you do not lose and any elo from dodging, any lp you lose will be given back to you over the course of a few games from higher lp per win and lower lp per loss. The only time dodging hurts you is during the promotion matches and even then, you can reach the promotion matches faster the second time.

But you already lose time by being unable to queue. You shouldn't lose MORE because you didn't want to play with someone. It's like being put in time out and then getting hit because a timeout wasn't enough/

ShineySides

02-05-2013

Quote:
CmdrCodPiece:
I have played a ranked game where someone said "I have to go" and "dodge, dodge, dodge" right before the game starts. They feed a few kills before saying "sorry" and leaving. I wish I would have had a free dodge that day, instead of losing 18 elo.

Ive played with people like this too, right before someone on my team dodged. And then shockingly they were in the next lobby and played the whole game... how strange.

ShineySides

02-05-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:
But you already lose time by being unable to queue. You shouldn't lose MORE because you didn't want to play with someone. It's like being put in time out and then getting hit because a timeout wasn't enough/

If you dont want to play with people dont play a team game.

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

02-05-2013

Quote:
ShineySides:
If you dont want to play with people dont play a team game.

There's a difference between "Playing with people" and "Having to play a lost game from the start because everyone's arguing and being rude to each other."

Whyumai

02-05-2013

No.

Because one "free" queue dodge per player per 24 hours is a insane number of queue dodges across the entire spectrum of players.

You're less likely to get a troll on your team if you're not trolling. There's only 4 players on your team other than you. While there's 5 possible trolls on the other team.

Furthermore you're not supposed to win every game you play: that's a myth. If you're better than your Elo you are supposed to win more than you lose.

By queue dodging you are effectively raising your Elo. You're avoiding game that you are supposed to lose. That's not how the system works.

Lastly queue dodging encourages trolling to get another "free" queue dodge that players feel entitled to because they had to use their free queue dodge to avoid a troll.