Placement Matches :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BIurry

02-05-2013

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Depending on your first 10 games, how many do you need to win/lose for bronze, silver, or gold? Im 5 games in, and i've won 4. Lets say i win 3 more and lose 2 more and end up at 7/3. Where would i be

BIurry

02-05-2013

Bumpity for answers and why the downvote? lol

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-05-2013

Your w/l doesn't matter. It's your LP and how well you do in placement matches. If you keep winning at that rate, though, you'll start jumping divisions.

Iceyhackr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Your w/l doesn't matter. It's your LP and how well you do in placement matches. If you keep winning at that rate, though, you'll start jumping divisions.
**** like this promotes having more than 1 account just to play ranked. i ask for advice on how to gain and people in igher divisions tell me dumb stuff for this reason, to make a new account over and over.

Larias

Adjudicator

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyhackr View Post
**** like this promotes having more than 1 account just to play ranked. i ask for advice on how to gain and people in igher divisions tell me dumb stuff for this reason, to make a new account over and over.
Actually, I misread your question, for which I am sorry.

Your hidden MMR, which is the old Elo system, has to do with where you are placed. If you had a higher Elo from a previous season, you will start higher. As it is, your w/l ratio matters much less than the Elo gained from your wins.

Again, sorry for misreading.

Peakes

02-05-2013

I went 7 wins 3 loses in my placement matches and ended up in Silver V but I had no ranked history in previous seasons though. Just make sure you keep winning despite the LP gain. The higher your wins are, the higher your MMR goes; therefore, you get more LP and possibly (like Larias said) jump a division if you win your promotional series.