[Champion Concept] Esprit, Nature's Spirit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbite Snipes

02-04-2013

Role - Melee, Fighter.

Gender - Male.

Base Stats

HP - 460(+85 per level)
Attack Damage - 52(+3.5 per level)
Attack Speed - 0.638(+3.4% per level)
Armor - 20(+3 per level)
Magic Resist - 30(+1.5 per level)
Mana - 240(+50 per level)
Health Regen - 7.5 per five(+0.5 per level)
Mana Regen - 6.5 per five(+ 0.7 per level)
Movement Speed - 350

Passive - Natural Selection - Gains a special effect depending on weather Esprit has more bonus AD or total AP.

AD - Alma gains critical strike chance equal to Esprits critical strike chance, and Alma gains use of on-hit effects just like Esprit, any effect like Spellblade(from Lich bane or such) will be consumed and used on Almas attacks as well. Additionally, Vine Spirals damage is halved while Alma is active, and Energy Burst may not be used while Alma is active.

AP - Landing Energy Burst applies a mark to all targets hit that causes the next ability used on a marked target to consume the mark to deal 50% bonus damage. Additionally, using any ability lowers the cooldown of Nature Bond by 0.5 second.

The passive bonus can switch at any time in the game, in accordance to AP and bonus AD. If AP is equal to bonus AD, the passive will stay as the bonus it was previously at.

Alma - Cooldown - 50/46/42/38/34 seconds. Mana cost - 100. Range - 600.

Esprit summons his companion, Alma the wolf, to aid him in fighting. Almas stats are as follows.

Gender - Male.

Appearance - Grey wolf.

Attack Damage - 10/30/50/70/90(+ 1.0 all AD, +0.2 AP) physical damage.
Attack Speed - 75% of Esprits attack speed.
Health - 200/250/300/350/400(+ 20% of Esprits health).
Health regen - 1/1.5/2/2.5/3(+ half of Esprits health regen).
Armor - 10/20/30/40/50(+ 20% of Esprits armor).
Magic Resist - 10/20/30/40/50(+20% of Esprits magic resist).
Movement Speed - 100% of Esprits movement speed.
Alma naturally has 10% lifesteal.

To control Alma while he is on the field, press Alt + normal movement, or the summon key for Alma(normally Q) + normal movement. To control Alma, press alt and move normally while he is summoned. If a health potion is used, half of the healing effect will also go to Alma.

*Extra information about Alma*

Alma works with lifesteal effects, giving 100% of the effect to Esprit and 25% of the effect to himself. Spellvamp works, giving 100% of the effect to Esprit, but no healing to Alma.

Alma behaves in certain ways when told to do certain things.

If you control him to walk to you(click your self), he will stay near you and follow you, and will not attack unless you are attacked, in which case he will attack the attacker then move back to Esprit after the attacker moves out of his range or dies.

Alma will prioritize champions if you target a champion with him, and will prioritize minions if you target a minion with him. Jungle creeps also count as minions.

Alma will also follow a teammate and attack any enemy champion who comes near that teammate if you select a teammate with him.

Vine Spiral - Cooldown - 20/19/18/17/16 seconds. Mana cost - 50/60/70/80/90. Range - 900.

Esprit summons thorned vines that spiral out of the ground for two seconds, then tighten on anything caught inside. Any enemies caught in Vine Spiral after two seconds are snared for 2 seconds, and take 50/55/60/65/70(+0.25 bonus AD, +0.5 AP) magic damage over two seconds. Afterwards, enemies bleed(unless they blocked or broke out of the snare), taking 10/15/20/25/30(+0.3 AP, +0.05 bonus AD) magic damage each second for 5 seconds.

Energy Burst - Cooldown - 9/8/7/6/5 seconds. Mana cost - 40/50/60/70/80. Range - 1000.

Shoots a small green skillshot in target direction that goes through enemies, dealing 50/80/110/140/170(+0.7 AP) magic damage to all enemies hit, and slowing them by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3 seconds.

Nature Bond Cooldown - 500/550/400 seconds. Mana cost - 100.

Esprit glows bright blue and green, gaining +10% movement speed, +20% AD, +25% AP and +10% max HP for 20 seconds(these bonuses are not applied to Alma). If Alma is on the field or is summoned during this time, he gains +25% movement speed, +15% AD and +10% max HP for the duration(and also has the same blue and green glow).

Lore

"Nature holds true power." - Esprit

Scattered with runes, ravaged by war, the Plague Jungle is a place few dare to go. Life there is....different. The runes give power and change to everything there.

Not much is known about Esprit. He doesn't talk to others very much, though he is often heard talking to his wolf, Alma, who no one can understand other than Esprit. One thing that's known about him is he found his powers, and his companion Alma, in the Plague Jungle. He also says he joined the League of Legends for exciting battles.

Darsaj

02-15-2013

Hmmm. Not a bad concept from what I can tell, considering my slightly less experience with the actual numbers and balance thereof. Only thing that seems kinda off is the controlling of Alma. Take Annie and Tibbers, for example. Using her Ult summons him, and then she can either use the Alt+Move command, or press the ability button again to move him, while using your ability again just heals him, forcing you to use the rather clunky Alt+Move binding. Maybe take the heal off re-using the ability and make it a move command? In it's place give him some natural lifesteal so he can stay out longer? Just a suggestion.

Vehngheil

02-15-2013

I like the idea a lot. For it to be functional, however, the wolf is going to have to be pretty self-reliant and not need you to manually control it often. The responder above mentioned tibbers, and the truth is, tibbers does very little after the initial cast because he runs too slowly. Anyways, upvote.

Frostbite Snipes

02-15-2013

Oh, I guess I didn't go in depth enough on Alma. He automatically attacks things near him if you don't tell him what to do, like other player-controlled things.

And Leblancs passive clone can only be controlled with the Alt+movement =/ I mean yeah I agree it's a little annoying, but it's pretty easy to use. At least it is if you have normal key binding, and either way you can change your key binds. I have an idea to make them more self-sufficient with low controlling needs. I'll edit it in.

I just think Alma needs the heal because if you go AD then Alma is Esprits main damage.

Frostbite Snipes

02-20-2013

Bump

Frostbite Snipes

02-21-2013

Buuuump

Drag0nMag1c

02-21-2013

i find my self agreing with Darsaj about the heal, i think that the heal might make the wolf to op unless their is a time limit in which he can have out his wolf. also useing the alt key bind IS rather weird, so why not consider controling him with the left click like you do with skill shots? this would make him a little easyer to control and move around.

Frostbite Snipes

02-21-2013

Seeing as how multiple people agree on the same thing....I should think about it.

Drag0nMag1c

02-25-2013

if you do decide to change anything please show what you changed.

Frostbite Snipes

02-26-2013

Sure.