Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you build Xin Zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omgwtflolbbl

10-24-2010

I prefer going Brutalizer-Ghostblade-2nd Brutalizer. A maxed out W already gives him 70% AS when active, and Ghostblade gives him all the chasing power he'll ever need if he actually needs to. Having max CDR means that Q and E have 4.8/6 second cooldowns, and with W active you can reset that almost instantly. WEQ someone, and use the slow from E to get your Q off, and by this time the cooldown on your E should pretty much be gone already (3 for Q, another 1-2 seconds from autoattacking while knocked up, then the time it actually takes to autoattack as well). You should be able to use EQ at least twice in the time of one W, and on top of that W will have less than 3 seconds of downtime before you can use it again. All of this also gives you a huge amount of armor penetration (35 I believe); on top of armor pen reds, you should be reducing most squishies down to pretty low armor, and you also get 55 AD. Ghostblade and Brutalizer cost about the same as an Infinity Edge, and is built out of much cheaper parts (including a gold/5 item). After that, I generally would build straight tank.

Randuins item is a very, very good item on him. The bonus armor/mr from his ult extends the active slow, gives him even more team presence, provides survivability, and some CDR if you don't like Ghostblade/Brutalizer. Xin needs to be in the middle of the fight at the very start of the fight thanks to his ult; he will ALWAYS be in a good spot to use Randuins. If you ever need to chase for whatever reason and Ghostblade plus W into EQ spam doesn't kill them before W wears off, you can just pop Randuins, wait 3 seconds, and activate W into EQ spam again.

Reinvented

10-24-2010

Quote:
Kroghar:
Quite a lot of money right there, what is that a 17k build?

Probably. You get a lot of kills and rape team fights and it becomes a haze. :O

Pick your order of items.

If I had to pick 3 core items, it would be choice of boots, Phantom Dancer, and an Atmas. The rest you can just pick up along the way.

SlashZeroV

10-24-2010

If you are laning then go

Item choices

Doran's Blade + Hp
Boots 1 + Upgrade after Brut
Brutalizer into Ghostblade if you are solid
Starks
Frozen Mallet (Can be before starks if you have trouble surviving)
LW (If teams stacks armor) Madred (Tanky team) IE (For lolburst)

Masteries

21/0/9 or 21/9/0

Runes

ArP Marks, Dodge Seals, CD reduc/MR glyphs

Summoner Spells

Ignite/Ghost

Jungling Xin

Items

Cloth Armor + 5 health pot
Bloodrazor into Lantern unless team is very tanky
Boots
Brutalizer -> Ghostblade
Starks
Frozen Mallet (Before starks if needed for survival)
LW (If teams stacks armor) Madred (Tanky team) IE (For lolburst)

Summoners Spells

Smite/Ghost

Ereror

10-24-2010

Doran's Shield or Blade (Depends on enemies laning capabilities, shield for tough lane, blade for easier) > Boots > Brutalizer > Boots 2 > HoG > Ghostblade > Randuins > 2nd Brutalizer.

This is my core. From here, the build varies. I generally find myself building a Banshees Veil at some point. I'll also build a Stark's if there are other physical dps on the team and no one else does. Usually the boots will be merc treads, unless the other team is severely lacking in CC.

Not Telling

10-24-2010

Quote:
gun fu panda:
I usually start Doran's Shield > Last Whisper or Stark's > Mallet > the other one (LW or Stark's).

That usually ends the game. How are you skilling up?
Except Last Whisper isn't a default item, its a situational item. Plus is doesn't synergise well with the armor pen from starks.

I think Ghostblade synergises better with starks and with xin in general. The speed bost from the active together with your slow makes knocking people up easy as pie.

Dwragon

10-24-2010

Core

Preferred boots
Zeal
Phage

Upgrade to Phantom Dancer then Frozen Mallet. Game should be over before then. Otherwise get an Atmas and a Blood thirster.

Alternative is to make those 2 into a Trinity Force and then get Starks and a Ghostblade.

I like to get Madreds Razor to farm and get buffs a little quicker.

Seasonal

10-25-2010

I find that catalyst + heart of gold + merc treads are solid early-mid game items, after that build bloodrazor and if the game goes on you finish banshees and/or randuins

Kersei

10-25-2010

Zeal is not good on xin, basically, go with doran's blade -> ghostblade -> situational tank items.

Randuins omen
Banshees veil
Sunfire cape
Frozen mallet
Atma's impaler (after you have some hp)

orfygage

10-25-2010

Quote:
Radamanthys3:
I been following guides and they pretty much agree to build Phage, Zeal and Stark's Fervor but I feel that I am doing no damage at all plus die too fast unless I ult. How do you build him?

hey ive tried many builds on xin zhao and even when i got 2 zeals then 2 phantoms, he deals **** dmg. you dont want that kind of item unless you have a damage item first. Madreds = great dmg with xin zhao. trust me. or try it. madreds-phage-yhoumou's-zeal could work. (then upgrade to mallet-phantom, depending if you need survivability or dps).

Razzle

10-25-2010

Quote:
Not Telling:
Except Last Whisper isn't a default item, its a situational item. Plus is doesn't synergise well with the armor pen from starks.

I think Ghostblade synergises better with starks and with xin in general. The speed bost from the active together with your slow makes knocking people up easy as pie.

What situation calls for Last Whisper? If the other team has champions you know are going to stack armor?

Personally I'm a fan of Aegis of the Legion & Frozen Mallet on Xin. Not as much damage, but more tanky and more sticky.