champion kill rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snyper945

10-24-2010

How much do you get when you kill an enemy champ now? i went on a killing spree and when they finaly killed me they got +1000 gold about 18 mins into the game... seems kinda dumb that they would get that and wanted to know how much gold i got from killing 9 enemy champs? also why is there no mechanic forum?

Euroteres

10-24-2010

Well first of all the longer your killing spree the more gold you give your enemies for killing you. Pretty sure the killstreak gold reward starts at about 300 extra gold at a 3 kill killing spree and maxes out at 1000 gold at either 8 or 9 killing spree i don't remember exactly.

Conversely the more times in a row that you die without getting kills or asissts the less gold you give at death going down to a minimum of 90 gold per death. I believe that the first time a champion dies they give 350 gold if its not first blood and 400 if it is.

So if you killed 9 enemy champions you could possibly have gotten around 2800 to 1800 gold for those nine kills depending on who you killed. This is of course not taking into acount any killing spree gold you might have gotten for ending your enemies killing sprees. The numbers in this paragraph are very rough estimates.

Furpop

10-24-2010

i think its a terrible system "Hey you guys are getting destroyed heres some gold"

Azuredragon653

ImBahBz

10-24-2010

agreed, they should be rewarded with something but not 1000 gold.

Snyper945

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroteres View Post
Well first of all the longer your killing spree the more gold you give your enemies for killing you. Pretty sure the killstreak gold reward starts at about 300 extra gold at a 3 kill killing spree and maxes out at 1000 gold at either 8 or 9 killing spree i don't remember exactly.

Conversely the more times in a row that you die without getting kills or asissts the less gold you give at death going down to a minimum of 90 gold per death. I believe that the first time a champion dies they give 350 gold if its not first blood and 400 if it is.

So if you killed 9 enemy champions you could possibly have gotten around 2800 to 1800 gold for those nine kills depending on who you killed. This is of course not taking into acount any killing spree gold you might have gotten for ending your enemies killing sprees. The numbers in this paragraph are very rough estimates.
thx alot good to know. I still really hate the feature that they get a ton of gold when i dy cus it feels like early kills dont matter nearly as much as late game kills

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-24-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Wow that wiki has a lot of wrong information.

Reaching KDR 1 does not reset you to 300 gold. It's simply your longest streak of kills/deaths. Meaning if you go 0-9 and then get 1 kill, you're worth 300 gold.

Going 2 kills in a row is 350 gold.

The part about -30% gold for death streaks is correct though.

1 Kill: Unlisted (+300 Gold)
2 Kills: Unlisted (+350 Gold)
3 Kills: Killing spree (+408 Gold)
4 Kills: Rampage (+475 Gold)
5 Kills: Unstoppable (+555 Gold)
6 Kills: Dominating (+647 Gold)
7 Kills: Godlike (+754 Gold)
8 Kills: Legendary (+879 Gold)
9+ Kills: Legendary (+1000 Gold)

Death streaks
For each death, you're worth 70% as much gold as your previous death. This caps somewhere around 90.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post

Reaching KDR 1 does not reset you to 300 gold. It's simply your longest streak of kills/deaths. Meaning if you go 0-9 and then get 1 kill, you're worth 300 gold.

Death streaks
For each death, you're worth 70% as much gold as your previous death. This caps somewhere around 90.
The wiki has wrong information because Riot does not present the information anywhere, unless a specific question is asked on the forums, then it has a CHANCE of being answered.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I really hate this system. The Dota system was a lot better.

Viro Melchior

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post

Death streaks
For the sake of Math, if you start out mid and roflstomp the enemy champion 9 times in a row without any help (which awards your team the minimum possible amount of total gold due to no assists and the diminishing returns), you earn:
Total earned: 1210 gold

Then anyone kills you once, and gets 1000 gold.

Conclusions:
Any kills you get *past* 9 are gravy and don't net the enemy any extra gold when they finally kill you.
If you are face stomping your lane opponent that badly, get a lane switch after about 5 kills (you'll have your level + farm advantage plus 700 gold from kills). You can then help out a side lane and get some ganks while their under-leveled mid is pitted against someone else (who is likely equal or higher to them in level/Cs). If they *do* get a kill, switch back to mid and take advantage of their newly reset death value.