LoLking the guy above you and give him advice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonerMan Matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhm916 View Post
Yeah I would if nobody complains about it lol. Was suppose to win 80% fizz games but a player DC from start and we were winning too. But surrender vote came in and we realized it's only a matter of time before they start winning. We didn't feel like the struggle was worth it in normal game and just everyone agreed to the surrender vote.
your cs seems high, your k/d/a looks good, i really like your high assist on your tanky champs. my advice is play some more ranked games! you might be surprised where u will fall.

Mhm916

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonerMan Matt View Post
your cs seems high, your k/d/a looks good, i really like your high assist on your tanky champs. my advice is play some more ranked games! you might be surprised where u will fall.
Thanks! Well tbh like I tell all my friends, I don't play ranked often because I hate competitions. The only reasons I play it is to get end of the season skins, other than that, I don't have any real reasons to play it unless my friend wanted to duo every now and then.
During S1 I got just enough elo to get gold for J4 skin and S2 I got just enough elo to get the Janna skin. I plan to keep it that way(though I do appreciate your thought on it!), competitions are too stressful when you don't have a set goal or is set too high.

As for your games, I'd say on niche ADC champs like Zyra(Ahri, Sona and such), you should rush a bloodthirster. Their trade powers in lane are their strongest points, hence bloodthirster helps you gain domination over the lane phase. Of course infinite edge is good, but that item literally needs the build offs of zeals to get it while bloodthirster is a strong stand-alone item. As for Jax, probably better if you avoid rushing BoTRK and possibly get the hextech gunblade path as all of the stats and active is beyond useful and helps his ult too. For Irelia(I use to main her), I'd say avoid rushing Zephyr. I know it's pretty tempting(this is my opinion on it anyway), but the item itself has a not-so-great trade power in lane(the CC isn't piling on you since it's one champ you're facing most of the time, if you need it that bad, mercs are much cheaper). Finishing your trinity quicker would be much more beneficial as it helps burst, slow their movements, and stronger chase/run power. Singed probably benefits more from mercs or tabis(to survive better) since he's one of the fastest champ in game already, the swiftness is almost an overkill. But you won that match overall, so no can complain about the results lol.

sylverfyre

02-14-2013

Edit: Man I get sniped easily. I take too long to post.

You should try out different offensive items on Vi. I find she does REALLY well with Cleaver or BT rather than Triforce.

TsKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverfyre View Post
Looks like your a streaky player

lose 4 win 3
Your cs is a alarming factor.

Try and focus more on csing

your builds look fine though

PhysicsMoneyWeed

02-14-2013

sylverfyre, I'd finish zephyr before building warmog's on Irelia. The attack speed, movement speed, CDR, and tenacity are all amazing on her, way better than just raw health, especially if you're already got the giant's belt.

Irelia Carries U

02-14-2013

Quote:
Thanks! Well tbh like I tell all my friends, I don't play ranked often because I hate competitions. The only reasons I play it is to get end of the season skins, other than that, I don't have any real reasons to play it unless my friend wanted to duo every now and then.
During S1 I got just enough elo to get gold for J4 skin and S2 I got just enough elo to get the Janna skin. I plan to keep it that way, competitions are too stressful when you don't have a set goal.

As for your games, I'd say on niche ADC champs like Zyra(Ahri, Sona and such), you should rush a bloodthirster. Their trade powers in lane are their strongest points, hence bloodthirster helps you gain domination over the lane phase. Of course infinite edge is good, but that item literally needs the build offs of zeals to get it while bloodthirster is a strong stand-alone item. As for Jax, probably better if you avoid rushing BoTRK and possibly get the hextech gunblade path as all of the stats and active is beyond useful and helps his ult too. For Irelia(I use to main her), I'd say avoid rushing Zephyr. I know it's pretty tempting(this is my opinion on it anyway), but the item itself has a not-so-great trade power in lane(the CC isn't piling on you since it's one champ you're facing most of the time, if you need it that bad, mercs are much cheaper). Finishing your trinity quicker would be much more beneficial as it helps burst, slow their movements, and stronger chase/run power. Singed probably benefits more from mercs or tabis(to survive better) since he's one of the fastest champ in game already, the swiftness is almost an overkill. But you won that match overall, so no can complain about the results lol.
this

SummonerMan Matt

02-14-2013

Quote:
During S1 I got just enough elo to get gold for J4 skin and S2 I got just enough elo to get the Janna skin. I plan to keep it that way, competitions are too stressful when you don't have a set goal.

i understand the lack of wanting to ranked because of the high competitive nature. I did the same for s1 and most of S2.

the zyra thing was a mis-communitcation on my (5s) team. i wanted to go support but we didn't have a ADC and my 'support' wanted me to cs, so i went Adc for fun. Nothing serious there.

i keep flipping back and forth between gunblade and BoTRk. I really like the movement speed and the 4% of their Hp because I tend to go 100% tanky after it, I normally go Gunblade when i feel I can get away with getting a triforce next instead of a warmogs.

For my irelia game, I got Zepher after i got phage,zeal and warmogs. i normally buy stinger earlier tho. The enemy team had a decent amount of CC and i wanted tenacity before to long as I was acting as the tank. I did the math on it an zepher is an extremly gold effiecnt item dispite what everyone says, i think the 1200 Gold investment is to much of an upgrade cost for them.

I decided to get swiftness boots because the enemy team had an ashe or nunu or frozen mallet. i was more worried bout decreasing the slow then the extra movement speed.

All and all I agree with a lot of what you are saying going to forsure try hextec more on jax

gonna do the person above me as to not break the trend after posting

Irelia Carries U

I would strongly reccomend you looking a bit more into Zepher. A lot of people complain about the cost inefficiency of the item but it is extremely good for the gold. Most pro's say you should build boots top lane according to the match up, which is why i rarely get merc treads right away, I really like bezerkers(stoled that idea from Wickd) and tabi's for high harrash AD lanes. With Zepher you can have access to these boots and only really need to upgrade from stinger when you need the CC reduction.
CDR and Attackspeed as you know are good on irelia and stinger has both.One of my builds with 35%CDR (BC,Stinger, and ionic boots) has hiten style down for 3 seconds before it was ready again. From your advice in a previous forum and the buff to Triforce I have stopped getting the CDR boots and BC but i still love stinger/Zepher

Also Irelia players, furor upgrades or homeguard, i think homeguards are extremly good but you could stick so well with Furor. whats your opinions?

Mhm916

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverfyre View Post

You should try out different offensive items on Vi. I find she does REALLY well with Cleaver or BT rather than Triforce.
I find BT isn't all that useful on her but BC is DEFINITELY useful for her. But the problem is, early game I honestly don't need that much armor % shred. In early game when almost everyone has low armor and high health, I find burst damage the most effective against them. Having a bloodthirster early means your attack speed is slow, you have to still build the bonus up slowly(to avoid pushing lane), and you have no way of sticking to your target after your ult is off. Trinity solves those problems for me as it gives me attack speed to trigger my W passive, burst damage synergy with E, and the mana to land more Q+E combos(about 4 more combo which is invaluable during lane phase). Of course the benefits of BT life steal is great for lane phase, but I find that my shield is often is enough for my sustain in lane.

Irelia Carries U

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonerMan Matt View Post
i understand the lack of wanting to ranked because of the high competitive nature. I did the same for s1 and most of S2.

the zyra thing was a mis-communitcation on my (5s) team. i wanted to go support but we didn't have a ADC and my 'support' wanted me to cs, so i went Adc for fun. Nothing serious there.

i keep flipping back and forth between gunblade and BoTRk. I really like the movement speed and the 4% of their Hp because I tend to go 100% tanky after it, I normally go Gunblade when i feel I can get away with getting a triforce next instead of a warmogs.

For my irelia game, I got Zepher after i got phage,zeal and warmogs. i normally buy stinger earlier tho. The enemy team had a decent amount of CC and i wanted tenacity before to long as I was acting as the tank. I did the math on it an zepher is an extremly gold effiecnt item dispite what everyone says, i think the 1200 Gold investment is to much of an upgrade cost for them.

I decided to get swiftness boots because the enemy team had an ashe or nunu or frozen mallet. i was more worried bout decreasing the slow then the extra movement speed.

All and all I agree with a lot of what you are saying going to forsure try hextec more on jax

gonna do the person above me as to not break the trend after posting

Irelia Carries U

I would strongly reccomend you looking a bit more into Zepher. A lot of people complain about the cost inefficiency of the item but it is extremely good for the gold. Most pro's say you should build boots top lane according to the match up, which is why i rarely get merc treads right away, I really like bezerkers(stoled that idea from Wickd) and tabi's for high harrash AD lanes. With Zepher you can have access to these boots and only really need to upgrade from stinger when you need the CC reduction.
CDR and Attackspeed as you know are good on irelia and stinger has both.One of my builds with 35%CDR (BC,Stinger, and ionic boots) has hiten style down for 3 seconds before it was ready again. From your advice in a previous forum and the buff to Triforce I have stopped getting the CDR boots and BC but i still love stinger/Zepher

Also Irelia players, furor upgrades or homeguard, i think homeguards are extremly good but you could stick so well with Furor. whats your opinions?
I do not like the item when they have an ap mid, i need the magic resist so wit's end fits the bill, otherwise if they have an ad mid i just take zephyr instead of wit's end so i can keep my tabi for some extra armor, it really depends for me.

FIatuIence

02-14-2013

@Irelia Carries U

Well you're definitely a lot better than I am, so I don't think I can give you any advice really lol. I do agree with you on the wit's end matter though. I don't play Irelia, but I do like building wit's end on certain tanky top characters, and I think wit's end definitely works well for Irelia.

My lolking link: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31268751#history