Draven vs Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elusiven

08-25-2014

How does a Varus match up against a Draven? With supports or without supports. What are your thoughts?

I've tried it lots of times, it goes out even-even. Also i hear that Varus counters Draven.

bu2b

08-25-2014

varus doesnt counter draven just does a little better vs him than most

just space well and hit your q

Good Little Girl

08-25-2014

Draven is an all-in champion, Varus is a poke champion. Try to pick someone who has disengage, so Draven't cant successfully all-in you while continually poking him down.

Sleipnir of Hel

08-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusiven View Post
How does a Varus match up against a Draven? With supports or without supports. What are your thoughts?

I've tried it lots of times, it goes out even-even. Also i hear that Varus counters Draven.
Varus out ranges Draven. So if Varus opens with ult, he can just sit there AAing Draven for the snare duration.

In lane, you can just shoot your skill shots at the landing location of axes.

Qelwa

08-25-2014

It's not so much a counter. It's just that Varus' range and how he tends not to be aggressive in lane in comparison to other ADCs makes it so Draven can't snowball in particular. It's much like the Syndra counter Heim, Syndra doesn't necessarily counter Heim, but her skillset allows her to keep him at bay, much like how Varus' range can keep Draven on his toes.

Fried Chopsticks

08-25-2014

You have to pay attention to when Draven tries to trade. If you're the person who gets it off first, which is possible with the extra range, you can back off in time and then land an ability to pop blight. You could also try to get 2 in and land a skill while probably taking 1 auto. If you don't hit your Q then it'll be easier on Draven since missing skillshots (wasting mana) means he can W Q trade without fear of getting extra damage from your blight stacks.

Hayaishi

08-25-2014

Varus' has advantage at level 3, after that Draven stomps Varus if they decided to trade.