League of Legends freezes on the LoL logo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juampax96

02-03-2013

Hi LoL ppl! My problem is that whenever i try to star the launcher, the logo screen "League of Legends" just freezes and stays there. I don't get any error, but i can't close it. To do this i have to start the task manager and close the "rads_user_kernel.exe" process. If i wait, my internet conecction shuts down and i must wait like 30 mins to use it again.

Please i need some help, i've been trying to play LoL like for a week, and i tried way too many "solutions" that i've seen on posts like this one, and not getting it solved. I hope u can help me, and thanks.

Bye! Juampax 96

CatsReaper

02-04-2013

1.Add the Launcher,Kernel,Client to the Firewall Manually , go to Control Panel>Windwos Firewall>
1.a.In Windows 7 , click the 1st one in the left under "Control Panel Home"
1.b In Windows XP , well you can search Control Panel or try to figure it out your self sorry :l !!
2.If this is your 1st time you tried to play LoL , try to re-install
3.After you done #2 ,open League of Legends , and leave it for like 15-20min , and also open the Network your using Status so you can see if its sending/receiving bytes

Quote:
Hope this helped !!

Tokki17

07-04-2014

Hello!
I've also the same problem as Juampax96
And I have already tried everything that you have recommended nothing seems to work.
I've uninstalled league for about 234324324 times and after downloading it again it didn't let me get to the launcher to finish the installing.

Just as Juampax mentioned the "league of legends" logo appears and freezes but it wont let me get to the launcher no matter what I do!

AsianFob

08-02-2014

I waited around 5-10 minutes and then it installed for me

CallistaSleekIce

4 Weeks Ago

Hey, my LoL launcher won't work. It keeps being stuck with the LoL logo and after a few minutes when I click it, it says PVP Patch Kernel not responding. It worked fine earlier, but now all of a sudden this problem. Does it have anything to do with the new patch update? Someone help please?!

Elduris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaSleekIce View Post
Hey, my LoL launcher won't work. It keeps being stuck with the LoL logo and after a few minutes when I click it, it says PVP Patch Kernel not responding. It worked fine earlier, but now all of a sudden this problem. Does it have anything to do with the new patch update? Someone help please?!
Hey there

Don't click anything after you open the program. Let it sit until it opens on its own.

CallistaSleekIce

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
Hey there

Don't click anything after you open the program. Let it sit until it opens on its own.
I did that and let it sit there for like half an hour and still nothing happened. Also, I tried deleting the folders lol_launcher and lol_air_client from the RADS file then run as administrator and nothing happened either. It just sat there.

Elduris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaSleekIce View Post
I did that and let it sit there for like half an hour and still nothing happened. Also, I tried deleting the folders lol_launcher and lol_air_client from the RADS file then run as administrator and nothing happened either. It just sat there.
Make sure you don't have any other League of Legends processes open already. An easy way to check for this is to simply reboot your computer. Also try closing any antivirus programs you might have as they can sometimes interfere with opening the game.

CallistaSleekIce

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
Make sure you don't have any other League of Legends processes open already. An easy way to check for this is to simply reboot your computer. Also try closing any antivirus programs you might have as they can sometimes interfere with opening the game.
Nothing of the sort. It didn't work :/

Elduris

Wrenchman

4 Weeks Ago

At this point, I'd suggest reinstalling the game. Be sure to follow these instructions so you don't leave any files behind.