I need to revamp my Jayce play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Jayce Ult

01-30-2013

Hey all so I recently started playing Ranked Solo Queue and I normally use Jayce top (unless somebody picks a counter). So far the highest I've gotten my ELO is 1370, now I've been sitting around 1250-1350, winning about 56% of my Jayce games.

I really think part of the reason I am only winning half (I used to be very proficient in S2) is because of my build. I think changing that will help me to win a lot more and help to carry my team more.

So heres how I build:

Start with Flask, 1 ward, 1 H Pot
First B I get Tier 1 boots a Tear of the Goddess, more pots and wards
Then I get either a Doran's or start my brutalizer
After I get that I work on my Black Cleaver
Then I start to get defensive items such as Giant's belt, Warden's Mail, or Hexdrinker

The rest of the build is situational...I tend to finish off Manamune (which turns into Muramana by that time) I get a LW and sometimes finish off a Warmogs...

I feel like my damage falls off late game and I become useless..Please help!
Jayce is my favorite champ and I really want to revamp my classic build as it is only semi-proficient.

Tryndabad

01-30-2013

Looks like you have about two damage items in your arsenal: BC and Muramana. Muramana gives a huge buff and is an excellent choice on Jayce, but you may want to look into something like Trinity Force or a Bloodthirster in order to round out your damage capability.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I really dont see how you are falling off lategame. Sure, all physical casters do fall off to some degree, but with a Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, Manamune, Hexdrinker you have quite a bit of AD.

I would expect your Qball to hit pretty hard (around 700 dmg) with significant armor pen. Your hypercharge should also deliver your heaviest damage lategame since you can autoattk, use it to reset your attack and get 4 attacks for 4.9 AD ratio off in about 1 second.
With Cleaver penetration, your ranged form penetration (refresh it periodically), and runes/mastery, I'd expect you to hit pretty freaking hard.
300AD x 4.9 = 1500ish damage with significant apen. And W has a good CD.

Maybe you are just jumping in with Q and doing a Knockback and expecting them to take huuge deeps.

Best Jayce Ult

01-30-2013

So Manamune getting Manamune and BC are probably things that I wont change. Should I aim for a Tri Force, BT, or Last Whisper? I want to be able to hit hard and have the survivability

Tim Allen Talon

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periphery Owns View Post
So Manamune getting Manamune and BC are probably things that I wont change. Should I aim for a Tri Force, BT, or Last Whisper? I want to be able to hit hard and have the survivability

Maybe you could get Iceborn instead

sense your already getting manamune

Best Jayce Ult

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggwe View Post
Maybe you could get Iceborn instead

sense your already getting manamune
I think Tri Force may be better but idk

Cenerae

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periphery Owns View Post
Get a BT or last whisper depending on whether there's a lot of enemy armor. Trinity is nice but Jayce would get more damage on his combo with the BT, as well as some sustain.

Grim Shogun

01-30-2013

I build quite similar to the way you do. I always include a bloodthirster if the opposing team has a lot of poke, or an Iceborn gauntlet if they have a decent teamfighting potential.

Nishaven90

01-30-2013

"I really want to revamp my classic build as it is only semi-proficient."
"I feel like my damage falls off late game and I become useless"

Trinity Force is a good item on Jayce for damage, along with Bloodthirster. It is rather normal for your damage to fall off late game and feel "useless" with only AD items. It is for this reason I also build an Infinity Edge on Jayce to scale into the late game, my reasoning behind this being his W, which gives him max attack speed and bonus damage which can also crit. Before you say that Infinity Edge is awful on Jayce, you should try it a few times beforehand and see if you like it, I also thought it was ridiculous on Jayce but after trying it many times it has become a staple item on my Jayce.

Best Jayce Ult

01-31-2013

If I'm going to work IE and BT into my build when should I build them? If I get BC and Manamune early on like normal, it will be a while before I can get IE and BT since they're fairly expensive....