Why do you lose LP for dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mars Ultor

02-03-2013

It's almost like Riot believes that their game has no trolls.

DanteLovesPizza

02-03-2013

Just like how people believe there is no ELO hell, when in fact the entire Bronze Division 5 is ELO hell, so bad players are just clustered in one space now.
Riot's system went downhill, I got trolled four games in a row.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

02-03-2013

Unfortunately, dodging supports trolls.

You as an individual think:"Great, I got out of this!"
The troll thinks:"Great, it worked! Ima do that again!"
And a witness thinks:"Hey, that worked! I might do that too if it works often enough."

And it works. So people do it. The troll headcount rises and the problem gets worse and worse and people demand less and less penalty for dodging because "DEM TROLLZ R EVRYWERE!". Which breeds even more trolls, because trolling works even better.
Meanwhile, the queue times rise...

So Riot wants to stop people from supporting the trolls, meaning: They want you to not dodge, because that's what the trolls want and what you so eagerly want to give to them.

As long as people are willing to dodge, trolls will exist. The less people dodge, the less trolls there are.

JMoneyFresh

02-03-2013

Yeah. I dodged three games yesterday. I think "I don't feel like losing another game win worth of RP" and then in my 18/6 pantheon game at silver III I get a hard random sejuani who builds Iedge and hydra in a forty minute game. Go ahead Riot, check my match history and tell me that your game has no trolls. Go on, do it.

Chozorz

Recruiter

02-19-2013

yeah i just dodged a game because and I had a random morgana last pick.. if i stay in the game i loose lp if i dodge the game i loose lp

And it was K

02-19-2013

Because trolls want to win too.
Attachment 618660

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

It's a penalty for screwing over 9 other people because you decided some of them are trolls. Also, you don't lose in champ select. You might have a huge disadvantage, but you don't lose. Dodging just supports the idea that you can't win without a built-in advantage, which is the opposite of carrying.