Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Tribunal promotes people to not communicate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coach From L4D2

02-03-2013

Quote:
MasterTerranort:
You get reported for more then 4 or 5 games to get into the Tribunal. If Riot finds one thing in your entire account history they don't like your 3-day ban would get escalated into a Permaban. Are you sure you want that?

This 10X times... If Riot decides to look you over, they are going to check as far back as they can. They are going to check how many times people are dodging lobbies with you, what's said in pre and post game chat, and they don't care at all if "someone else started it". Are you really sure you want that type of analysis on your account?

Block

02-03-2013

Quote:
Phatx:
this is simply not true....and to be fair the original post said nothing about bad mouthing another player, he said "communicate". Ive all but given up on this game for the fact that if u try and advise people on what to do in game, they either tell u to stfu, or they give u some reason to completely ignore you. This game is completely based on one team coming together and working better then the other team as a whole, and if u cant as much as express ur mind to the people who inevitably determine whether or not you will come out on top, then why even play this game at all???? why put ur fate into other players??? its one thing to just chastise someone but if ur actually trying to get a team mate to play with his team....why should u get reported/banned. it doesnt make any sense...

This makes too much sense to be here. Thank you.

Exman33

02-03-2013

I talk to my team all the time and i've never been banned. I joke with the enemy team aswell.

MasterTerranort

02-03-2013

Quote:
lolBlock:
Absolutely, you would either get a good community, or the game would be dead. So I guess Riot would have to think that one over if they were in charge of bans, huh?

Nope they wouldn't have to think it over. They deem you toxic you're out simple as that. The number of players has been increasing so they wouldn't care less.

Karolina

02-03-2013

Quote:
lolBlock:
Yes, you are actually proving it. No one in this games history has EVER muted veery single trolled and not said 1 negative comment to them. No one. Everyone has expressed some type of "negative attitude" one way or another.

And again, I stress, I wasn't calling people the f word, or the n word. At all, those should automatically be ban worthy. I just "appeared" to be upset. If you can't be upset in a game that is as competitive as this, then wtf is the point of playing? As an emotionless doll?
I have never been a jerk to anyone in chat. At most I have told them "dude what were you doing", and had those people ever responded in a harsh fashion I would have not continued to argue. I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

That doesn't mean I have not been reported. Who knows ? But if you did nothing wrong you won't get banned because someone didn't like your face or was offended by your voice.

If you are banned, then it was not because you were reported for not communicating. Maybe not communicating caused some people to report you, but being banned means there were other attitudes that the tribunal or Riot deemed unacceptable.

And you don't need to be an "emotionless doll", you just need to appear to be one (in chat) if you can't otherwise communicate politely.

The Tribunal encourages you to either be polite, or shut up. There's an option there.

Quote:
Coach From L4D2:
This 10X times... If Riot decides to look you over, they are going to check as far back as they can. They are going to check how many times people are dodging lobbies with you, what's said in pre and post game chat, and they don't care at all if "someone else started it". Are you really sure you want that type of analysis on your account?
Not afraid at all.

chide da jungler

02-03-2013

people who makes these posts are ALWAYS proven to be stretching the truth in their description of how tribunal has "wronged them." Hopefully pendragon is on the forums today and destroys you.

Block

02-03-2013

Quote:
MasterTerranort:
Nope they wouldn't have to think it over. They deem you toxic you're out simple as that. The number of players has been increasing so they wouldn't care less.

They wouldn't care that they are losing players? That's dead wrong and you know it lol. According to your description of Riot banning people, a HUGE chunk would be gone if they were in charge. I'm pretty sure they don't want to see 20% of their community just go poof. and these are people that drop HUNDREDS into the game. You really want to permaban all those people?

c0nscript

02-03-2013

Quote:
Karolina:
The Tribunal encourages you to either be polite, or shut up. There's an option there.

Then why is there a MUTE button?

Why is there a FILTER PROFANITY option?

Why is there a "Turn off /all chat" option?

The Tribunal is there to make people feel empowered because they are weak in the real world and can't handle bullies.

XP JiGz4W

02-03-2013

Quote:
lolBlock:
If riot reviewed my case, they would CLEARLY see 4 of the 5 matches I was reported in didn't make sense, and I would not of recieved a 3 day suspension. Period. They would read EVERYTHING and take EVERYTHING into account.

Trust me.

lol you really think Riot will take into account why you got angry and started cussing out people?

no dude, trust me. If riot reviewed your case personally. You'd be perma banned already.

Phatx

02-03-2013

Quote:
Galgus:
If you don't type and don't actually troll, odds are you won't get enough reports to end up in the Tribunal, let alone get banned.

Personally, I always look for things the accused said for proof they were trolling: trolling has to be very obvious for me to assume it with no chat evidence from them.

(Though if the enemy team echoes it in private chat and the games in the case reveal a trend, that can work too.)

Everyone has bad games, and I think the community knows that when judging.

If u only look at what the accused said then ur not reading the entire argument.... when i review a case i take about 10 mins on a single game....yes that long because thats how long it takes to actually understand whats going on. The longer the game goes on i know from experience the harder it is to maintain composure especially when ur losing. The fact of the matter is, u cannot teach someone the entire game in one game....and people tend to start off learning just bad game tactics....from the start u play with mal experienced players and try and figure out the game from their....but as everyone should know by now, the way u play now is much different then when u first installed...and the gap in between these to points is almost infinite, which leads us to the all time problem of how to get people to learn "good tactics" from the start and try and improve on them instead of trying to figure out the best way to smash their face into the enemy teams face and win...