Confirmed: Nasus Q bonus damage is now critting

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

02-03-2013

((NOTE: This was fixed in patch 3.02. Critting off the bonus Q damage is no longer possible.))

For those that aren't familiar, Nasus Q has always been able to crit, however the crit only modified your BASE damage, and then your Q damage was added on top of it.

However, I just confirmed that Nasus Q is now critting off ALL of your damage, including your base AD, base Q damage, AND bonus Q damage. It is not clear just now exactly when this change went through, as it was not in any patch notes, and we have no word from Riot on the matter yet.

Previously when you would crit on a Nasus Q with a Tforce:
(150 * 2) + 225 + 110 + 400 = 1035
(That is, 150 base AD * 2 = the crit + 225 from your tforce proc + 110 from Q base + 400 bonus Q damage)

NOW WHEN YOU CRIT ON NASUS Q WITH A TFORCE:
(150 * 2) + 225 + (110 * 2) + (400 * 2) = 1545

THE PROOF:

See this screen shot posted by lavalampe on the EU bug report forums a week ago:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...9&d=1359283008
This shows 99 base damage, 110 base Q damage, and 144 Q bonus damage being added up to 353. 100% crit modifier means * 2 making it 353 * 2 = 706
Previously this crit would give you 452 damage because the crit would modify your base AD and then your Q damage would be added after the fact.

You can also see it live in this video posted by TheNomiraven if you suspect the image is shopped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJw3hCPcOn8
Do the exact same as above... add up the base AD, base Q, and bonus Q. Multiply by all of it by 2.

This was not in the patch notes, and I have no idea why/when the change slipped through, or if it is an intentional ghost change or a bug that is going to be reverted back. However, if it is not reverted this could have pretty massive implications for Nasus builds. You could literally be seeing Nasus critting for over 2k on Qs. It is hard to say the practical implication this actually has for Nasus, because trying to build crit going to be tough with the way he needs to itemize (tanky/CDR oriented), but you can bet your ass people are going to have some fun with this and look for ways to abuse.

Edit: Please don't post in here arguing that you could always get 1k + crits on Nasus. I know that. I know the Q attack has always been able to crit. But it was your base damage critting + tforce effect + Q bonus added on after the fact. Yes it was a big number. But now EVERYTHING is criting and it is going to be MUCH BIGGER.

bieber69groper

02-03-2013

yay now my BT Triforce IE Whisper build for nasus more fun

Dancer

02-03-2013

Dear god...

Mysh The Walrus

02-03-2013

was gonna argue then i realized..... Hyfe knows

Hyfe

02-03-2013

I'm gonna have fun with this until its fixed.

Please note that in no way am I arguing this is going to fix Nasus or make him viable/OP/whatever. I'm just saying it's ****ing cool.

Merthalimew

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
For those that aren't familiar, Nasus Q has always been able to crit, however the crit only modified your BASE damage, and then your Q damage was added on top of it. Yes, the wiki page currently states that the entirety of the Q effect crits, but I believe this was either a very recent update or was due to misinformation, as I and others have tested to the contrary in numerous patches in the past.

However, we did just confirm that Nasus Q is now critting off ALL of your damage, including your base AD, base Q damage, AND bonus Q damage. What this means is when you mouse over Q, you will see your Q bonus + your base AD + your bonus Q damage. Add all those up and apply crit multiplier to it.

See this screen shot posted by lavalampe on the EU bug report forums a week ago:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...9&d=1359283008
This shows 99 base damage, 110 base Q damage, and 144 Q bonus damage being added up to 353. 100% crit modifier means * 2 making it 353 * 2 = 706
Previously this crit would give you 452 damage because the crit would modify your base AD and then your Q damage would be added after the fact.

You can also see it live in this video posted by TheNomiraven if you suspect the image is shopped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJw3hCPcOn8

This could have pretty massive implications for Nasus (tforce + atmogs + cdr becomes new core build). For a simple math comparison, previously with NO sheen effect, if you had 150 AD, 110 base Q, and +300 Q damage, your crit would only come out to 710. Now you will crit for 1120.

This was not in the patch notes, and I have no idea when the change slipped through, or if it is an intentional ghost change or a bug that is going to be reverted back.

As long as I've played nasus, and that's been late Season 1 + Season 2, I've been able to pull of 1000+ crits on my Q when fully farmed with my trolololo IE Triforce build.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Well atleast when he gets farmed and makes it to late game he has the "potential" to 1shot the enemy ADC.

Auspexa

02-03-2013

IE TF nasus new meta UHEUUHEUEUHEEEUHUHEUEHEUHEUHEEHUE

Hyfe

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merthalimew View Post
As long as I've played nasus, and that's been late Season 1 + Season 2, I've been able to pull of 1000+ crits on my Q when fully farmed with my trolololo IE Triforce build.
Yes, because you will have probably have something like 200 base AD, which crits, plus Tforce effect giving you a boatload more, and then has all your Q bonus tacked on top of it. You could have always easily gotten 1.5k + crits. The Q bonus wasn't critting though. It is now. So those crits just got significantly larger.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Even if it was a bug, why would it matter? The bonus AD added to his crits would cap 100 at best in most games, translating to a bonus 50ish damage per hit. Given how weak Nasus is in competitive play, who really would care?

1234511 ... 18