Would you join?

Yes 17 58.62%
No 4 13.79%
Maybe, with more information. 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

A Dominion League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DSpyder

02-03-2013

If there was a league started, that held a monthly tournament to determine the top teams for Dom, would you join it?

I don't have the means to provide a prize(s). All you would be playing for would be bragging rights atm and everyone would have to start from square one. This would be outside of DD and I don't know if I could drum up the support to shoutcast etc. I am just trying to see if there would be any interest at all.

HaIfhearted

02-03-2013

The problem with this is that the tourney you are talking about is basically DD, only on a monthly basis.

Everyone already knows the top teams for Dom, so unless you could figure out some way to get us and the EUW guys in a game with equal ping something like this will probably be a flop.

DSpyder

02-03-2013

Actually it is not. You'd be playing for a stretch of time to essentially make a playoff. The top X teams would make that playoff. Dependant on how many teams there are.

DSpyder

02-08-2013

I was thinking something of this nature.

Requirements to join:
Each team must have 8 members minimum.
Time during the week. Matches will not be held on Saturdays, to avoid overlap with Dominate Dominion’s Tournament.

How it works:
Regular Season.
You will play every team within the league (Round Robin). (This may change if it gets large enough. We will split into divisions) Each match consists of the best of 3 games. First team to 2 wins.
Each team will play one match a week.
Your match win/loss record will be tracked.
At the end of the season we will have a playoff. The top 25% of teams will be invited to this tournament.

Seeding will be by win/loss record.

The first tie breaker is based on your head to head match up. The second (if needed) is your number of individual game wins.

Playoff Seeding:

The top 4 seeds do not play in the opening 2 rounds.
All seeding is based off the each teams regular season record.
Playoffs are single elimination matches.
Each match is once again best of 3 games. First team to win 2 games wins the match.
The finals are best of 5 games. First team to win 3 games wins the match.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Why must you have 8 members minimum when you only need 5?

BeefJerkyHunter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
Why must you have 8 members minimum when you only need 5?
Reliability factor?

DSpyder

02-08-2013

Subs. you have to have subs.

The thought is to open registration for a set time and close it. That way I can scehdule a teams match ups by week and teams can figure out when they can play said matches.

You auto forfiet if you do not show up or have enough members to play your match.

Teams are also locked once registration is over and you can not sub for another team, etc.

along those lines

grandmastad

02-08-2013

Not a bad idea..Be cool if it were like the NHL point system. 2 points for a win, 0 for a loss and then maybe 1 point for an under 100 point loss(like an over time loss as in your team came so close to a win so your effort should be counted towards a point)...so say the end score is 57 to 0, you still get a point for getting the enemy team to under 100. Idk, just my suggestion..

inFe eD

02-08-2013

Why do we need a league system to determine the best when we already have a tourney that does that a lot more efficiently?

grandmastad

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Why do we need a league system to determine the best when we already have a tourney that does that a lot more efficiently?
Only reason I like this idea is b/c I am never around saturday nights to play. Although I'm stuck inside this saturday with bad weather. Not for nothing, we really need ranked anyways.