Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LynCT

12-01-2009

ya... got a quick questions here, im wondering if runes is even useful? the bonus that it gives are so low... am i missing something?

Xate

12-01-2009

Yeah your missing lots.

Runes make a huge difference, especially when your facing somebody who doesn't have their runes set up ideally or even at all.

Its more ideal if you stack one stat or 2 among your whole page, some people find success going about it other ways, it just depends on your playstyle really.

I stack +crit dmg on one page, with 10% from talents I get it up as high as +43% and thats with a few Tier 2 runes that need to be upgraded to T3 and some Glyphs I that still aren't +crit dmg yet.

Just depends on what heroes you play, and how you play.

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Yes, each individual effect is low. However, when you stack an entire page of 30 of one effect, it becomes high enough to make quite a bit of difference.

Aldryk Mondaren

12-01-2009

The difference is not huge individually, as others have stated before me. However, added up they can provide a significant advantage. Let us say that you have a full AP at level 18 rune page set up, giving something like 78 ap at 18. That is equivalent to having a slot dedicated to an AP item, and you got that without any extra farm and without giving up a slot. Not gamebreaking, but worthwhile.

LynCT

12-02-2009

can someone share a screen shot of their Ap rune page? cuz im really interested in how to get +78 ap bonus with runes.

Kunie

12-02-2009

allright can someone explain the difference between glyphs and marks ect. also, which should i use for heroes like nunu and veigar?

wildfire393

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunie View Post
allright can someone explain the difference between glyphs and marks ect. also, which should i use for heroes like nunu and veigar?
Each type caters to one specific type of effect, and may have some from the other types but they tend to be weaker:

Marks (red): Attack. Specializes in Damage, Crit Damage, Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Armor Penetration
Glyphs (blue): Magic. Specializes in MP, MP Regen, Cooldown Reduction, AP, Magic Penetration
Seals (yellow): Defense. Specializes in HP, HP Regen, Armor, Magic Resist, Dodge Chance
Quintessence (purple): Power. Have the highest values for each type of rune, as well as some unique ones (Movement Speed, Experience gain, bonus Gold)

Also for Nunu, you're playing as a tank, so you probably want to stack stuff like HP, HP regen, Armor, and Magic resist.

For Veigar, you want to pick up 6% cooldown reduction (so with the 9% you get from a 9/0/21 spec you can have 40% with the golem buff, which is the max), then some combination of Magic Penetration (more effective than AP) and Mana Regen.

Vladou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

If Magic Pen is better then AP, is Armor Pen better then dmg for melees? There isn't much info in the mechanics thread on this, or i probably missed it.

Ksielvin

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Marks (red): Attack. Specializes in Damage, Crit Damage, Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Armor Penetration, Magic Penetration
Glyphs (blue): Magic. Specializes in MP, MP Regen, Cooldown Reduction, AP, Magic Penetration, Magic Resist
Seals (yellow): Defense. Specializes in HP, HP Regen, Armor, Magic Resist, Dodge Chance, MP Regen
Quintessence (purple): Power. Have the highest values for each type of rune, as well as some unique ones (Movement Speed, Experience gain, bonus Gold)
Added changed primaries in bold, the underlined ones have become secondaries. The "themes" for the colors were broken up basically so that physical dps would have another viable choice in blue and AP users would have any good choice in red.

Only there's an issue: Seal of Clarity (mana regen per 5 by lvl) is missing for all tiers. Expect it to be added, and I wouldn't buy Glyph of Clarity in the meantime.

Patch notes here, the tooltips were bugged with old stats until today's patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladou View Post
If Magic Pen is better then AP, is Armor Pen better then dmg for melees? There isn't much info in the mechanics thread on this, or i probably missed it.
"Better" depends on the amount of damage you do and the amount of armor they have, but it's true many choose armor pen runes and damage items.