Hymn of Valor bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silanthous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Ever sence the patch where Lux was released i've noticed a problem with Hymn of Valor. the spell is supposed to prioritize enemy champions in it's cast radius over minions. It no longer does this.

In one fine example i chased a champion past a minion line to their tower, once closer to the champion than the minions i used hymn and it fired backwards to hit 2 minions and not the champion.

I have also experienced problems when using it in simple harass against a melee during the early laning, sometimes hitting 2 minions that are standing right next to the champion despite currently auto attacking that champion.

could you please look into this, as without it Sona becomes a lot harder to play sence i can't rely on my harass to keep them from being overly agressive.

supnmu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I hope this is intentional as Sona is pretty ridiculous in her current state. Much needed stealth nerf.

Pen is Hungry

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silanthous View Post

In one fine example i chased a champion past a minion line to their tower, once closer to the champion than the minions i used hymn and it fired backwards to hit 2 minions and not the champion.
If this is a bug it has indeed been active since she came out.

IS186afbf367d955

10-25-2010

Actually from what I heard there are two range radius. A short one that prioritizes champions over minions and the biggest one, the one you see on your screen. If a champion is between the shorter range and the longest range the spell doesn't prioritize him over the minions.

So it's probably working as intended.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
Actually from what I heard there are two range radius. A short one that prioritizes champions over minions and the biggest one, the one you see on your screen. If a champion is between the shorter range and the longest range the spell doesn't prioritize him over the minions.
This. To prevent the old Heimer rocket "uncounterable harass" feeling from returning.

MadeHerSquirtle

10-25-2010

Might want to mention this in the tooltip :S

Beatus

10-25-2010

Ninja nerfs and missleading tooltips, will Riot ever get tired of these?

HopelessDreamer

10-26-2010

Have encountered the same issue. The way the spell used to behave was it was range 700, prioritizes champions inside 450. The champion priority hasn't been working for the past week or two.

edit: fixed numbers. had them too high