Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fishyFUNK

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

This is a bold face lie. I only lost 2 games in when I started in bronze two and dropped to bronze 3. This whole system is a sham.

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkDerkistan View Post
That's what normals are for. Ranked is a COMPETITIVE game. Competition requires effort.
Competitive and effort are not the same thing.

Vrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

ranked sucks now.

And it was K

02-02-2013

I'm just hesitant. I was when I first tried ranked last season. After 2 months of customs, I'm in that same situation. But this system isn't really what's causing my hesitation.

Tesla Effect

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumamon JPN View Post
I'll simplify what he said - Suck it up and play more if you wanna get anywhere.
well then **** ranked, if all I get is retarded team mates.

SQUATSbrah

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeagle3 View Post
I agree 100% new ranked system really takes all the fun out of trying to rank up, but the real kick in the balls is being sent back all the way to 0 league points after losing a promotion series.

Really bad design.... play 15 games finally make it to the promotion series, get trolls then lose, then you gotta start the **** process all over again.

LMAO really? I thought they at least left you to start with 50LP again.

lulululululul dat dere time sink

Xephioss

02-02-2013

Quote:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
looooooool, based on my current record(7wins-3losses, 28LP cool), I must win more than 75% of my games to move up.
Explanation please. Do you guys really expect average players to win more than 75% of their games to gain higher rankings?

fishyFUNK

02-02-2013

You lose all your points !?!? wow what a complete joke.

ArchAgent

02-02-2013

Quote:

How is this even a proper response?

Simple math - Lets just say you are BLESSED and LUCKY enough to get on avg 20 lp per win in your tier... that would mean you would have to win 36 games in a row to move up a tier. This is the equivalent of 360-400 elo in the old system. I realize that in the old system the difference between silver, gold, and plat was similar (around 300-400 elo as well). This brings us to the problem:

A great deal of people aren't getting 20 lp on avg per win. Alot of people are getting 3 - 15 per win, and losing 15-30 per loss. That isn't very rewarding at all. Who would want to play this game when the community is not only toxic, but you get punished when you have a troll on your team?

All we want is the system to be normalized and make it so we get 15-25 per win and lose 10-20 each loss! Why is this hard for you guys to understand! Good luck increasing your player base in the future when you have so much negativity brewing currently,

Obediah Genocide

02-02-2013

I'm actually more excited to play ranked now than before.