Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dieinpeace1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUATSbrah View Post
there was nothing wrong with the old system

I laughed when they said the whole 'oh you're rankd 15,000 out of 300,000' bull****. I had NEVER heard ANYONE complain about that type of feeling.

what I did hear people complain about were the trolls during champ select and I did hear the suggestion of a votekick during champ select. The base problems were never looked at. Rather a new subpar system was added with the old problems still persisting and continuing to plague the ranked scene.

So this. I thought the whole point of this new system was to help match people up better. Its pretty clear this was just a cosmetic application to the system and nothing was actually changed. I actually feel worse now based on my ranked. Before when i was 999,999,999 out whatever i simply didn't care. Now that i know i can go down a division just simply because i have 3-5 games in a row were i lose is just stupid.

Ckellz

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
no

Liamval

02-02-2013

well i'm on queue for 12 minutes now and yet no match found

Tesla Effect

02-02-2013

This is even worse than Elo Hell, you cant climb up the divisions because you need 3 non stop wins.
The problem is that if you are at the bronze level, all the random players suck and youcant win because of that.
Good Job Riot, you just divided your player base. -_-

falconeagle3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I agree 100% new ranked system really takes all the fun out of trying to rank up, but the real kick in the balls is being sent back all the way to 0 league points after losing a promotion series.

Really bad design.... play 15 games finally make it to the promotion series, get trolls then lose, then you gotta start the **** process all over again.

Grandpappy

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
As a person who has played this game for 3 years, a casual gamer who sometimes plays ranked, normals, or aram, the last word of your post will eventually force me from this game. LoL used to celebrate casual players.

Felefmalar

02-02-2013

i'm hating where i got placed in the new system. i'm curretnly getting placed with the most trolls i've came across in a long time. before you may get 2-3 trolls in 10 games, nw i've had them in every game. i've had some of the worst experiences playing ranked since the new system. my elo may not of been high but there was still decent game play now it has been worse.

DerkDerkistan

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
As a person who has played this game for 3 years, a casual gamer who sometimes plays ranked, normals, or aram, the last word of your post will eventually force me from this game. LoL used to celebrate casual players.
That's what normals are for. Ranked is a COMPETITIVE game. Competition requires effort.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

02-02-2013

too bad I`m too happy with the new system

xImaginaryfriend

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeagle3 View Post
I agree 100% new ranked system really takes all the fun out of trying to rank up, but the real kick in the balls is being sent back all the way to 0 league points after losing a promotion series.

Really bad design.... play 15 games finally make it to the promotion series, get trolls then lose, then you gotta start the **** process all over again.
lol wait your serious? You actually lose all 100 points if you lose the promotion series? That's gotta be the most stressful antifun mechanic I've ever heard.