Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Droogle

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
Won my first two games, I've lost every single one after that due to bad players/trolls/ragers. Was never this bad when the old system was in place.
you are such a ****ing idiot/ whiny *****.

Your elo didn't disappear. it's just hidden. The game is using the exact same system to match players as it did before.

And keep believing that you are the sole reason for your victories, and totally helpless in your defeats. GREAT ****ing attitude and 100% possible.

yrureadnmyname

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

@yegg i won 4 games in row 3 to qualify for the division promotion 1 in the series then get a jungle noc that decides to feed every lane for the enemy. in game 6 i get an ad TF. . . against a first pick Caitlyn. . . now im stuck with 75LP and a tremendous desire to quit ranked.

Im no diamond player but for real im not getting anywhere. I lose two games cause one person has a bad run and another wants to troll and I get screwed

Dotislav Pro

02-03-2013

Promotion is hard frustrating

Millouis

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
I think a good fix would be making you lose less LP aswel in case you get a defeat. Instead of keeping it -20 and making it +2/3, make it give you -5 tops too.

Eserine

02-03-2013

Quote:
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
I have an amusing vision of Yegg adding in a "hidden elo thermometer" where a happy clown face shows your current elo rating without any numbers specifically being displayed, and a red line adorned only with a "phantom dancer" icon showing the relative battle difficulty you are currently fighting at, only viewable by the account-holder and not other programs or players.

SPIKE SPlEGEL

02-03-2013

Quote:

May I suggest opening up a thread for peoples opinions/suggestions so you don't have to run all over the place to find them? Ofc you will have a lot of the "I gained 9 lp then lost 50" that are lies but, at least it would consolidate all the info, right?

Regentlord

02-03-2013

I currently have 11 friends on my list who play ranked, and not a single one of them is at the rating they were before this new system.

Ceraunos

02-03-2013

The issue is that you guys don't want people to be promoted based on a lucky streak, but winning a best of 5 series is the way to get promoted. Anyone can get a lucky streak in those games, so it defeats the purpose of the system already. The new system is punishing losses too hard and not rewarding wins enough, at least the ELO system was more fair in its win/loss point distribution.

DevilDoc8404

02-03-2013

Why is it when i carry, I only get minor(10-15ish) points, but when i lose because a khaz likes to chase for ages and is useless i lose 20+ points?

Yaddar

02-03-2013

also, the losing streaks are WAAAY WORSE now, before, if you lost some game, all you needed to do is win, now if you lose some games in a row, you risk being demoted and go throught propotion series to get back in the division you were. God save you if you get a losing streak