Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eimstein

02-03-2013

Here's an idea, cut IP gain from ranked games in half. People who actually care about ranked will stay and the bads will go back to normals.

felipe781

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

the rollback to old elo system wont happen, but at least, please, make it more forgiving towards losses, right now its pretty unfair and demoralizing

Shiranui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

I rather have the old system back i had no problems back then if i dropped i could just get back easy without gambling on 5 matches to determine my fate

Shmannager

02-03-2013

yegg can you please help me here . I am at 97 LP at the moment. I was 91 league points 5 or 6 games ago and havent lost since and i have only got 6 league points since then, why am I only getting 1 LP a win and -20 a loss seems pointless to keep playing rank if i am punished for losing and get nothing for winning .

Skeddyz

02-03-2013

Well granted I am not sure exactly how the system works, but if you dont win your promotion series ever you never go up right?

Getting to a promotion series requires you to win and if you went 1-2 every series you would get no where yet you would be winning more games than you lose how does that work?

Yaddar

02-03-2013

what about the LP penalty for dodge?

After the patch I got my client crashing TWICE in champ select, the 1st time got me to -1 LP and a loss away from being demoted, the 2nd client crash on champ select got me 10 LP loss ...

it is NOT cool and NOT fair to lose LP freely because of problems with the Client

yes, I repaired the client after the 1st crash, and the league profile and the Air client is still buggy as hell, (the league statistics are all messed up)

first I have to deal with trolls and feeders every game then with LP loss because of the client, thanks.

Sinspurch

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyhidden View Post
Stop dodging and learn to play other roles properly. Everybody wins.
you know how difficult it can be to play support or jungler with 4 Random players? I dont even own half the champions, barely any junglers or supports, which is why i dont like to play those roles

Frazone

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Was gold and had a bad streak before preseason ended.

Get placed in Silver II

Streaks aren't always luck

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23249939#history

Carry dat ****.

???

Profit.
Good advice the next time I get duo trolls in my first two prom games for gold who vocally explain how and why they are intentionally feeding, i'll remember to just "Carry dat ****."

Thanks a lot.

ps i guess what is being said is if I win games its luck and i'm getting carrdied, and trolls are just me being bad deserving a loss.

Apollinarius

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
What's the point of giving LP if it doesn't think you deserve it in the first place? It would be better if your LP gain was 1 or 2 at first and ramped up to 15 or 20 once you "earned" your spot in the division.

Moreover, why did you place people in Silver 1, Bronze 1, Gold 1 and Plat 1 if you didn't think they belonged there?

Does the system wait until it's confident you belong in Gold 1 before it offers you promotion out of Silver 1 or just Gold 5? Because Gold 5 and Silver 1 should be separated by about 20 elo or so.

Daemon

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Same as before except you're seeded into an appropriate league and division when you finish them. If you're a Silver or higher level player, you won't be stuck in Bronze.
This is untrue.

Considering I was playing with silver players, my W/L ratio was positive in placement matches and most of the people I was playing with/against had similarly positive placement match ratios ...and then I got stuck in Bronze IV...

I think there's something wrong. How the heck did I get placed so low? I'm looking through my matches now and I see one game where I lost against people who are 0/4+, which might have harshly effected my placement, but dang!

If you have a 50% win rate, that indicates you are supposed to be at the rank. By having slightly over, that means I should've went up a bit. My ELO was reset to 1000, I am assuming. By having a slightly over 50% win rate in placement, then my division shouldn't be so low.