Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phill Mike Hawk

02-02-2013

I like how the only ones defending this travesty of an elo system are the rioters who designed it or helped design

Sammich Boat

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
look i get the good things about this system but i think you underestimated the ladder anxiety people will get when they're about to drop a division, i was 1800 elo avrg b4 this started i would go to 1850 and down and i wouldn't mind if i dropped to 1500 even cause i can get back and i understand that you can still get back here, but psycologically its really stressfull to KNOW you're ONE GAME away from losing something, so now im at 7 points losing i think 13 points per lose, and i don't feel comfortable playing the next ranked game
and i know myself, i know ill play subpar because im worried, so this is beyond stressfull, something that didn't happen with the elo system
sure i could lose 100 elo and drop from gold or from plat, but its the result of various losses there wasn't this IMPORTANT game that i had to play, that made me feel uncomfortable, i know there's the possitive side that going up tiers is probably way more awsome than b4
but i think you underestimated the anxiety from dropping simple divisions cause you didn't think it would be important, but when you're matched in the same ladder with all your friends and you are the only one that's gonna go down a tier, and you'll be the one that's on gold II instead of gold I it stresses people out, and makes them afraid to queue.
that's my input on it i hope for a reply
(ill edit for format in a sec)

slamor

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkilledUUMAD View Post
"Worth the efforts" in what way?, Also this is a team game where trolls wander around everywhere, and we gotta try and get lucky to have "non-troll" teams like 10 games in a row to advance to next tier?"
Did you expect to go from bronze to silver in a week?

Nebron

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MormonDiscoBall View Post
don't quite understand the hate on you, but although i'm bronze tier, 4th division...what this means, is that if I actually start to get better, I will have earned my spot in 3rd division, 2nd, 1st, and possibly move into silver tier.

What it means, is that you are gaining experience in playing, and learning how to correctly play in harder divisions/ tiers so on and so forth.

Kids just want to be handed their rank on a silver platter, without having to put in the work.

tl;dr

get better, then you earn your place among the ranks
You're at the bottom of bronze tier, I hardly think you're in a position to tell other people to get better.

xoextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

you should see my match history since this new system. its horrible. i have like 12 games and 3 out of those 12 games are wins. I keep getting paired with trolls left and right and afkers. Before this system honestly it only happened once every 10 games but now its happened 9 games in a row. I dont expect to win everygame but id like to win more than i lose!

Mooyoo

02-02-2013

Quote:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
There are a couple of things I don't understand from this new system and the reasoning behind it. I think the problem lies in the fact that people cannot go down a tier once they're in it and I don't agree with this concept at all. This safety net sounds like a good thing but is SO hard to get in that once you're near it, it's as if the system turns every odd against you to allow yourself to PROVE that you belong in this tier. This makes it very frustrating for players who are near a promotion and no doubt rage-inducing if they get trolls.

Also, WHY should we get a safety net? People get better and worse all the time. Just because someone's achieved a certain tier at one point doesn't mean that they will always belong there. That's the whole point of a ladder so people who are better can move up and people who are not as good go down. NOT - if you're good you have to play numerous matches with decreasing rewards to PROVE it and if you're bad but you're at the bottom of a tier you have immunity.

Fukaro

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamor View Post
Did you expect to go from bronze to silver in a week?
No one expects that. In the old system you had to earn your elo and everyone keeps saying " i you belong there you will be there". It was fine.

Now they insert this shtty system that gives trolls more power and makes it even harder to rise when it was already fine. And the LP gain and loss is stupid as fk

Bullettime7

02-02-2013

Here's a question then for the Rioters.

You have stated in the past that the matchmaking system is intended to try to match you with correct opponents and teammates, with the end result being a 50-50 W/L. Upon reaching an average of a 50% win rate, that's your true ELO where you'll find the most competitive matches for your skill level. A 50% W/L in the ELO system would basically have you not moving but yet no advancing until you honed your skills enough to reach a higher win rate to advance.

Why is it then under the current system that you need a 65-70% win rate just to break even? A 50% W/L is met with demoting you and kicking you down the ladder where you have to climb back up, fighting through trolls and griefers, just to get back up to "where you belong" after nothing more than the occasional 2-3 game losing streak that we all get from time to time?

MMEGATRON

02-02-2013

Quote:

Playing dozens and dozens of games just to move up 1 division is NOT worth it

DerkDerkistan

02-02-2013

What none of you seem to understand is that the pool is very volatile right now. So many people are playing, and it's a new system, and the system is trying to coordinate where you're supposed to be.

If you're gaining less LP per win than losing LP per loss, your MMR (Matchmaking Rating) is lower than your Division Ranking, thus it's trying to pull you back down to your MMR (the truer number of the two). As you win more and more (ie: get better at the game), you'll begin to earn more LP per win than you lose per loss. Then you'll move up just as swiftly as you're falling down now.

Eventually, it will all even out. When that happens, you've found where you actually belong. (Until you get better or worse and start to move again).