Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oaklen

03-08-2013

Glad to see Yegg out battling his way in and out of O/A.

Yegg@ If ya get to this one. "What kind of claps/number changes can I expect to see when Quing with my friend? He was put into Bronze I while I was put into Silver II (now) and we've been trying to que up. At first to try and pull him out of Bronze hell but it's slow. I know there is claps but I just want to know if me being higher makes it worst for him, better for me, how does it effect on the other players in our game and would it be better if I just left him be?

Also will we ever get to see our own MMR number? I think that's what you call it.

Ghaulzenn

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

Stupidity right there.

Today I was at 90 points won 3 games in a row got to 98 points, lost 2 in a row and im at 75 points, so this system is retarded and idiotic how in the world is this fair, for 3 days now ive been in the 80-95 lp get a winning streak make it to the 90īs loose a couple and back to the 70īs I sent a ticket about this and I only got a copy paste reply that had nothing to do with it, so yea this whole system is frustrating and so far not rewarding at all.

Sevarios

03-17-2013

There are a lot of problems with this system, particularly bronze -> silver. The main problem is that people are placed in a division based on a ludicrously small number of games.

Let me explain:
Even if you are really terrible at the game, you're going to win a number of placement matches, largely based on luck. Remember that one person is only 20% of the team, there's only so much influence you can have, and even then you have to consider the huge influence of AFKs, trolls, and smurfs. The error margin in the small number of placement matches is massive. If you are trying to get from bronze to silver you are getting queued up with these people all the time.

So now bronze players trying to get to silver have AFKs, trolls, smurfs, AND new/horrible players randomly distributed between the teams. Your presence slightly improves your team's odds, but luck is going to play an even bigger part in whether you win or lose. You will lose many games due to factors out of your control, and because of this the system will clamp you. So now you need an insanely lucky streak not only to break the clamping, but then get lucky in the promotion games too.

Also, even if you do make it to promotion matches (the system has decided you can be promoted), you can still be clamped afterwards. So if you get unlucky in the promotion games, you can look forward to a few more weeks at 90LP.

DeathUntold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

I feel like the biggest problem for silver right now is if you manage to get there to start, but have an unlucky streak, you can really cripple your MMR.

I have been stuck in Silver 5 since day 1, and am only getting 12-14 points per win, yet losing 18-22 points per loss. I know this is from my MMR being bellow the people I am playing with, but the only way to gain MMR is to win. So basically, I have to jsut deal with it until my MMR catches up, and then MAYBE I can actually make progress.

kippy ne

03-19-2013

Riot, please don't fall to the bronze players QQing about not being able to "get out".. that's what you did last time and that's why we have this new system because you guys caved to people crying about being lower then 1000 elo. They are in that league of a reason and keep complaining about how "stuck" they are..... these are the types of people who shouldn't even have a say in ranked.

On another note, I don't like the promotion series the 3 games you have to play to get promoted determine whether you're good or not (or had a lucky streak) when it's a fact ranked games are more about Luck with what kind of team/players you get. No matter how good you are of a player it feels like a 50/50 depending on who you're going to have to work with/get matched up with.

So even though you want to have those 3 promotion games to see if they are actually good, as mentioned before: may have had a lucky streak. But what if you had the opposite and literally got matched up with afk's and feeders wouldn't this be like a Badluck streak? The exact opposite? .. What I'm getting at is the promotion series is a bit silly.. once you get 100 points you should get promoted, even if you want to balance it out say 130 points to make up for those 3 silly games that determine everything.

Grief Claw

03-19-2013

A lot of people complaining yet nothing from riot, this system is absolutely bs u win and are like we'll good job just got four good games in and up for a promo. Next day play promo lose two in a row annnnnd your at 70 lp again... Well ****. Then you get above and fall back down it is so disheartening. Either make less divisions or what more people suggest is when you lose don't take so much lp away it's one loss chill we all get afk, noobs whatever so yeah FFS wish riot would fix this, kind of thinking bout not playin ranked cause whats the point?

AdeptRogueNagi

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkilledUUMAD View Post
"Worth the efforts" in what way?, Also this is a team game where trolls wander around everywhere, and we gotta try and get lucky to have "non-troll" teams like 10 games in a row to advance to next tier?"
^ this

BPH Wing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

I win only 6-10 LP max at Silver 1 division, i won at least 7 games in a row while my other friends are gaining 20+ .. i just lost 3 in a row and pretty much lost half the points ive gained lol!

AdeptRogueNagi

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevarios View Post
There are a lot of problems with this system, particularly bronze -> silver. The main problem is that people are placed in a division based on a ludicrously small number of games.

Let me explain:
Even if you are really terrible at the game, you're going to win a number of placement matches, largely based on luck. Remember that one person is only 20% of the team, there's only so much influence you can have, and even then you have to consider the huge influence of AFKs, trolls, and smurfs. The error margin in the small number of placement matches is massive. If you are trying to get from bronze to silver you are getting queued up with these people all the time.

So now bronze players trying to get to silver have AFKs, trolls, smurfs, AND new/horrible players randomly distributed between the teams. Your presence slightly improves your team's odds, but luck is going to play an even bigger part in whether you win or lose. You will lose many games due to factors out of your control, and because of this the system will clamp you. So now you need an insanely lucky streak not only to break the clamping, but then get lucky in the promotion games too.

Also, even if you do make it to promotion matches (the system has decided you can be promoted), you can still be clamped afterwards. So if you get unlucky in the promotion games, you can look forward to a few more weeks at 90LP.

I can't agree more than this
Dropped from 70 points down to 17 just from 4 losses in a row, my luck can get worse

Abolition

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?

Yegg,

My opinion is that there shouldn't be a "demotion series". Rather, if a player's next loss will result in demotion, a notification "popup" or something should appear notifying the player of this fact.

It'd be less demoralizing that a "series to avoid demotion", but it would mean that players are aware that they are about to be demoted rather than SURPRISE YOU'RE DEMOTED HUR HUR.