Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axium

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
WTF was wrong with being on a lucky win streak?! I didn't know that getting carried 100 elo over your skill-cap was the fking work of Satan. This system screws people who don't play this game like it's their damn job. I have other things to do with myself than play LoL all damn day.

Knote

02-02-2013

It shouldn't be required to have a win streak in ANYTHING to actually progress, that just makes no sense to me, win streak should give a nice bonus ON TOP, but not be the only way to make it around, that's just plain ****ing retarded.

What if someone were to win 2 games, lose 1 game, win 2 games, lose 1 game, repeatedly, would they never advance despite that being a 66% win ratio? This whole system is just confusing as hell.

loufenstein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Played four games so far this season in this order:

L - W - L - L

After these four, I dropped from Silver 2 to Silver 3.

Forgot to mention that each of the last two games involved AFKers on my team.

Three nonconsecutive losses to drop a division seems kind of bum to me, especially considering how many games are necessary in order to move back up (it started me at 50 LP in Silver 3, which means minimum of three wins just to qualify for advancement and then however many for the best of to move up). In conclusion, not a huge fan and it has definitely sapped my appetite for ranked a bit.

Did that happen

02-02-2013

Quote:
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
you can lose tiers tho after 4 loses at 0 lp from what i heard.

Axium

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
It shouldn't be required to have a win streak in ANYTHING to actually progress, that just makes no sense to me, win streak should give a nice bonus ON TOP, but not be the only way to make it around, that's just plain ****ing retarded.
^ What this guy said.

Before, If I only had time to play two games, and I won both, I'd go up in elo and feel great. Now, I essentiallly have to earn 100 elo, just for a CHANCE (If I get lucky and get a good team 2 out of 3 games) to move up a tiny bit. It's a retarded, terrible, flawed system.

XylemUP

02-02-2013

I was going to play my first ranked game today because of the new system, but now that it's here.... Not gonna lie.... I really don't want to.

I'm terrified that I'll get a troll, and nobody will dodge, and I won't dodge either.

That's really the only reason. I don't care about the LP thing, because I'm confident in my own skills to come out on top in any non-troll situation.

My proposed fix for the dodge penalty:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3078375

Vastly Superior

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viyro View Post
Problem with this is not every single person is a competitive freak. Yes you should need to be to get diamond / plat blah blah but not everyone is striving for that.

I myself am but someone else may not.

The issue is you're talking about an INSANE amount of games to move up an entire tier.

Just a BASIC example using what I've seen in previous posts.

Assume a ~20 LP Gain for wins and assume you win all games.

Div 5->Div 4.
5 Games for LP.
2 Games for Moving up a division.
Div 4->Div 3.
5 Games for LP.
Div 3->Div 2
5 Games for LP.
Div 2->Div 1
5 Games for LP
2 Games for moving up a division.
Div 1->New Tier
5 Games for LP
3 Games for moving up a tier.

Assuming you win EVERY GAME and you actually get 20 LP for a win(unlikely).
That is 36 games.

If you factor in a 2-1 win / loss ratio. Assume 20 LP for a win -15 for a Loss you start to see the insane amount of games to move up a tier.

Div 5->Div 4.
12 Games for LP.
Div 4->Div 3.
12 Games for LP.
Div 3->Div 2.
12 Games for LP.
Div 2->Div 1.
12 Games for LP.
Div 1->New Tier.
12 Games for LP.
4 Games for Moving up a division.

Thats 72 Games.
I think this point should be payed attention to.

If you won 36 straight games you could go from bronze to diamond.

The Best Lulu NA

02-02-2013

i quit ranked

XAlFias

02-02-2013

Quote:

Winning more games than losing is kinda like a lucky streak Sir . You can check me , I'm on a losing streak for the past few days , okay not a streak , i'm losing more than winning . Glad i'm not in ranked otherwise I woud have -66 LP

Remikai

02-02-2013

System works for 5v5 premades. NOT solo Q.