Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tesla Effect

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impolite Jerk View Post
System is stupid
Thumbs down on this new system
Nice counter for the trolls on this thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

so if I win 51% of my games, you think that I will be able to win 5 out 7 it is required to advance a tier.

for those that dont realize you need to win about 5 out of 7 games to move up a tier

for example say I am at 60 LP and I win I move to 80 LP now if I win I go to 100 and and can start my 3 out of 5 series or I lose and I am back to 60.

It takes 2 consecutive wins just to start your promotion series, that requires a 3 out of 5 wins to be promoted, so you need to win 5 out of 7 games to get promoted.


5 out of 7 is 71%, for a player that wins 51% of their games it will be damn hard to suddenly play at a 71% win rate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Bump for a fix on this system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DropoftheGun

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
so here's an example that kinda counters your logic.

I win every game, but then once I hit placement I go on tilt because, duh, placement. I lose all 3 and proceed to win every game until I can do placement again.

The cycle continues and you never rank up because you only lose THREE GAMES


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kijitow

Senior Member

02-02-2013

I lost my first 2 matches and am terrified of playing ranked any more.

I just might forget about ranked for this season.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mr underhilI

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
why am i losing LP for dodging? why is it that riot keeps taking the trolls side?

damet i want to dodge when i see 3 adcs in a 1500 ranked game...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandox View Post
why am i losing LP for dodging? why is it that riot keeps taking the trolls side?

damet i want to dodge when i see 3 adcs in a 1500 ranked game...

the best part is when you get trolled during a promotion series, I cant wait until I am 2 and 2 in my promotion series to get to gold and someone locks Revive smite karma.

It doesn't really bug me that much now, cause it is just one game, but when this happens it is actually like 7 games down the toilet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kijitow

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
It's so frustrating I don't even want to bother.

I also feel it's bullcrap that if do tier up I can't tier down through horrid play. That makes absolutely no sense to me and puts way too much importance on placement matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trafguy

Senior Member

02-02-2013

i went on a 6 game win streak last night. 2 losses and i drop back down to 19 points. this is bull****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiya

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Actually, I want to do ranked now. I'm more excited to do it than before
Elo was scary, that elo was scary. You could so easily drop horribly
But now it's more exciting. I can rank myself against other people, I can move up into actual tiers and feel like I've really achieved something moreso than before
I didn't know the system before really well, so maybe that's why
But this system is logical and I like logical

So no, I disagree. I've been playing ranked a lot more, not so afraid anymore and I'm keen

Although I do agree that the system needs a lot of tweaking before being considered viable
Losing LP by dodging
Really going up too slow
Horrible consequences for losing a single game
Win streaks controlling the rise of LP
There are quite a number of things wrong with the system, but in theory, the system is a lot smarter than just elo