Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Yegg: Why was I placed initially in a league with no friends

Occazn

02-09-2013

This system isn't even bad. I don't know what people are talking about. People just think they deserve to be higher up in leagues even though they shouldn't be. Almost every post in here is full of lies based on what people say. Yegg has responded to a few and proved them wrong, like that one guy who said he gained two LP per game but in actuality gained 25 in one game. People say it's too hard to get promoted up in divisions and they're stuck in their low tiers forever but I've gone from Plat IV to plat I already. I like this system.

daElix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

sorry buddy but i started playing lol 1 week ago after a break, and ya it killed the fun, sorry that im late 4 the topic...

daxhunter

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
so many dislikes on your post xD

Kitsune Goon

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithan View Post
After finding out that you need a 2 or 3-1 Win/Loss ratio to climb anywhere? All the people winning 51-60% of their games now get screwed by the new system. Guess I'll just play normals now...
As long as you're consistently better than the other team? YOU DONT SAY!

King Salomo

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.

don't fix what ain't broken. this system seems to be working as intended.

Disgustipated86

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithan View Post
After finding out that you need a 2 or 3-1 Win/Loss ratio to climb anywhere? All the people winning 51-60% of their games now get screwed by the new system. Guess I'll just play normals now...
its almost unbearable, i think i keep going because i know that it cant always be bad, i mean once the trolls take me to rock bottom they have to get bored with me sometime

Disgustipated86

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznsren View Post
This system isn't even bad. I don't know what people are talking about. People just think they deserve to be higher up in leagues even though they shouldn't be. Almost every post in here is full of lies based on what people say. Yegg has responded to a few and proved them wrong, like that one guy who said he gained two LP per game but in actuality gained 25 in one game. People say it's too hard to get promoted up in divisions and they're stuck in their low tiers forever but I've gone from Plat IV to plat I already. I like this system.
it isnt a feeling of deserving anything for me, im a high bronze low silver player, i know this. But my mmr isnt that great because i get a lot of people who simply dont work together at all and im not pro to carry 1v5 like you are sir

lileeper

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Behind the scenes it's working as intended, in that as soon as the system considers you ready for the Promotion Series, the LP clamping will ease up and your losses won't erase multiple wins any more. So you just need to keep winning a bit more than you're losing until you pass those checks.

That said, even though everything is working behind the scenes, it doesn't feel good right now, and there's not a lot of feedback on what's going on, so we definitely need to improve on that. I have some ideas that I'm fleshing out.
If losing 1 game gets rid of 3 games of winning and that is working as intended, HOW IS RANKED SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.
It's madly frustrating to be held back by a hidden mmr WHY HAVE THE DIVISIONS if the mmr is all that matters?
BTW also, how is it fun to get placed in a higher area then your supposed to, and know that you have no choice but to fall to your supposed division before you can start making progress? Well that or you have to win enough games in a row that after a long time the system finally catches up.
If you base everything on MMR and not by what division your actually in what is the point of divisions/? To feel accomplishment? Because obviously that has failed.
Also, on the lucky win streak point. In order to luck out from say 70 lp to the next tier you would have to win maybe 6 games in a row to get to the promotion series. Then you have to win the series. This would require going 9-2 minimum.
Maybe instead of making the games leading up to the promotion give little lp for winning, match them with people in division 1 and 2 of the next tier. So winning those games is a huge accomplishment and shows they are really ready for the next tier.
Thanks, the new system has a lot of work put in to it it may still need fine tuning.

Artemiss

02-09-2013

I agree with all the points Yegg made, I was placed in Bronze lll and I steadily gained LP, lost a few and climbed back up. Yesterday, I was up for promo but lost 2 games due to trolls on my team... so today I tried very hard to get to bronze ll, and successfully promoted myself. I am now on my way to Bronze l!
EDIT: Oh and im 99% sure my win/loss rate is positive after the system changed.