List of ADCs and their Matchups

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bushmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Hi GD, I'm bored, so I'm going to list all the ADCs I play and what, to my knowledge, they are good against and bad against.

Let me know if you disagree with anything here. Please comment and discuss. If you think it's good then bump.

Caitlyn

High range, but no steroids.

Gets countered by all-ins and multi-gap-closer assassins, IE Leona, Akali

Counters AOE teamcomps. With high range and good mechanics, a caitlyn will never suffer from AOE wombocombos such as amumu > MF combo.

Counters all-in single-gap-closer melees, such as Xin Zhao, Panth, etc. E away, kite, and put down traps.

High synergy with teamcomps with a good front-line.

Cheese: Nunu, push early then poke the hell out of opponents at their turret.

Ashe

Squishy no-escape queen of slows and the best initiate in the game. Excellent sustained AOE damage with volley-spam.

Gets countered by any all-ins and gap-closers. Requires good peel to survive in most teamfights.

Counters melee champs without gap-closers, such as udyr, darius, etc. Kite with Q and W and orbwalk. Counters lane opponents without escapes that are weak to all-ins at level 6, such as Caitlyn, Darius, Sivir, etc.

Scales well due to insane ASPD scaling and an ult that is hyper-relevant at all stages of the game.

Cheese: Sona + Ashe, level 6 instant all-in with arrow and crescendo.

Ezreal

Overall cheese champion with high damage, free flash escape, great scaling, subpar range.

Countered by hard-engages/slows by tanky champs that can stick onto him, such as Vi, yorick, renekton, etc. Countered in lane by poke bullies, such as graves, miss fortune, and kog'maw, caitlyn; he is very squishy and low-range, easy to shut down with good harrass. Countered by creeps blocking his Qs. Countered by high-range and high-mobility targets. Countered by kiting mechanics.

Counters all champs with weak-early game, and most AOE teams thanks to his escape mechanism. Counters skill-shot champs such as Blitz, Ashe, etc. Strong with an all-in support.

Cheese: Taric/Ezreal lane for maximum fabulousness. Pretty much #1 cheese already.

Tristana

One of the best late-game carries. Surprisingly strong early-game. Weak mid-game.

Countered by strong mid-game assassins such as LeBlanc, Ahri, etc. Bad with teamcomps with poor mid-game.

Excellent synergy with all-in plays, especially earlygame. Counters champs that are bad vs all-ins, such as Caitlyn, Ashe, etc. Counters all gap-closer assassins thanks to her rocket jump and range. Best choice vs globals such as TF with good use of rocket jump.

Due to her lack of AD scaling, I suggest starting Infinity Edge instead of BT, then PD on her.

Cheese: Alistar/Leona and golems + level 2 all-in and ignite. Essentially free first blood if you catch your opponents off-guard.

Kog'Maw

Very strong mid-late game. Weak late-game without attackspeed buffs (EG nunu). Insane poke with W. Requires good mechanics and a strong front line.

Countered by all-in assassins and burst, such as Akali, Rengar, etc. Countered by all forms of CC. Countered by gap-closers.

Counters sustain-less lanes. Counters AOE teamcomps. Counters high-health tanks. Counters all-in lane opponents due to his high poke.

Cheese: Nunu/Kog has insane poke starting at level 1, obvious reasons. Janna/Kog, Janna's kit gives kog'maw all the peel he could possibly need. Consider starting Phantom Dancer to make use of kog's insane range and on-hit effects midgame.

Miss Fortune

Number one lane-bully in the game. AOE ult wins teamfights if used properly. No escapes.

Countered by all-in assassins and burst. Countered by hard CC initiates, such as malphite and Vi. Countered by AOE teamcomps due to low base range.

Counters almost every bot-lane opponent, including caitlyn with Q-bounce harrass. Counters AOE teamcomps by unleashing ult when enemy engages on teammates. Counters all-in lanes thanks to high base DPS and ability to win trades, even after getting initiated on.

Cheese: Start Red Pot + 4 HP + 2 MP for epic early-game harrass and sustain. Excellent synergy with all-ins such as Leona.

Vayne

Best 1v1 capabilities in league. Only champion with 4 skills that scale on auto-attacks. Terror late/mid game, subpar early game.

Countered by champs with multi-gap closers and displacements, EG Akali, Lee sin, etc. Countered by strong early games, such as Draven, Caitlyn, etc. Countered by high burst/CC non-skill shot champs, such as Ryze, Maokai, etc. Countered by AOE team comps due to low range.

Counters skill shot-centric play such as Blitzcrank, Leona, Ezreal, etc. Counters champs weak to all-ins when paired with all-in support, such as caitlyn, draven, etc. Counters tanks/good front lines thanks to W.

Though many people say vayne has a terrible early-game, in reality she (along with Corki and Draven) has the highest pre-6 all-in capability if she can proc her E. It is important to max Q if your aim is to farm early, and to max E if with an aggressive support.

Cheese: Early-game all-ins, displacement supports such as alistar and blitzcrank. Catch opponent + impale = free kills. All pots (11 hp/2 mp) good start vs poke comps.

I know I missed a few carries, but these are the ones I play the most Feel free to fill in the gaps! Knowledge is power.

Link to my comprehensive, generic guide to how to play AD Carry: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3057522

Quartzmonkey

02-02-2013

Kogmaw has the strongest late game of them all.

Bushmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
IMO you're right, but Kog'maw requires peel, while tristana has better range and an escape. I would pick tristana if going for late-game for her consistency.

Arbaal

02-02-2013

i agree that mf is a real good lane bully but Draven is WAY stronger then her specially lvl 1, not even mf can fight a draven with bouncing blades up and if he has bot ud be dumb to try and trade

Fukaro

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
But vayne has the moves like Jagger :[

Bushmaster

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaal View Post
i agree that mf is a real good lane bully but Draven is WAY stronger then her specially lvl 1, not even mf can fight a draven with bouncing blades up and if he has bot ud be dumb to try and trade
Draven relies entirely on refreshing his axes for strength, while MF's power comes from base stats, Q, and W on-hit effects.

MF against an all-in comp can still dish out her damage to win the trade, while Draven against an all-in comp will inevitably lose his spinning axes refresh due to hard initiate.

Also, updated with Vayne section

Bushmaster

02-02-2013

bump

ToxicRatt

02-02-2013

bump for Varus and Twitch