[Champion Concept] Raine, Artist of the Ages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mulvone

02-02-2013

Role: AP mid/top
Tags: Mage, Ranged

Ability Resource: Manaless
Range: Ranged
Weapon: A magic paint brush and a paint pallet with 4 different colors representing QWER

Stats
HP: 400 (+40 per lvl)
HP5: 5 (+0.4 per lvl)
AD: 47 (+3 per lvl)
Attack Speed: 0.614 (+1.17% per lvl)
Armor: 9 (+5 per lvl)
Magic Resist: 33 (+1.15 per lvl)

Abilities:

(Innate) Master Artist
(Passive)
Every time Raine lands an ability onto an enemy unit, it places a stack of "Paint Splotch" on the target, stacking up to 3 times. Raine's next auto-attack will consume all stacks of "Paint Splotch" dealing 2/3/4% of Raine's AP as True Damage.

(Q) Brush Stroke
Active
: Raine strikes an Enemy Champion with her paint brush, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+80% of AP) as Magic Damage and slowing them for 40/45/50/55/60% of that Champion's movement speed for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

If used after activating Mix Colors , the damage is increased to 120/150/180/210/240 (+130% of AP) and the target is stunned for 0.5 seconds instead.
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds

(W) Color Choose
Active
: Raine chooses a color and her next basic attack will have a different effect of 3.

Purple Paint: Raine's next auto attack applies a 4th stack of "Paint Splotch" increasing True Damage taken to 5% of Raine's AP.

Orange Paint: Raine's next auto attack slows the targets Attack Speed by 11/12/13/14/15%.

Green Paint: Raine's next auto attack grants 50% Spell vamp on her next ability.

Cooldown: 10 seconds all ranks.

(E) Blot Out
Active
: Raine throws paint in a straight line and blinds the first enemy unit hit for 1 second, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (+40% of AP) as Magic Damage.

If used after activating Mix Colors, the damage is increased to 80/100/120/140/160 (+90% of AP) and blinding up to 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds.

(R) Mix Colors
Active
: Raine's other abilities deal more damage, based on rank of Mix Colors. (Adds /20/30/40 base damage and adds 30/40/50% to AP).
Cooldown: 120 seconds all ranks.

Mulvone

02-02-2013

Bumpin'

AnxiousMonkey

02-02-2013

Just one thing Waffle, his W seems a bit weak, how about 7/14/21/28/35% attack speed slow on his Orange Paint, his purple paint just deals 5/10/15/20/25% of his AP as true damage over 5 seconds, and green paint heals him for 35/45/55/65/75% of his total AP. Those are just ideas I would use, other than that its a wonderful idea. I made an artist a while ago that could paint summons and stuff, paint a moustache on them that would make them dance like Sona's ult. Anyway, great idea.

Mulvone

02-02-2013

Hmm, i seem to like that alittle more than what I used haha.

With the whole paint summon stuff, i thought about it, but i figured it would seem to generic of a concept and or its been posted before, so i left the minion/summons stuff alone.

SephirothWontDie

02-02-2013

interesting idea. my issue? the ult says that it ups the damage of other abilities based on rank, yet I only see an additional 40 base damage and 50% AP ratio. that's one rank. where's the others? difficult to say where this ult is at without the other 2 ranks of values here.

Mulvone

02-02-2013

Woops, i forgot to add 20/30 base and 30/40% increased damaged.

Dzanio

02-04-2013

Well it’s about time someone came out with another artistic champ idea; I was beginning to worry that music was the only form of free expression in League.

Base stats are on the low side at max ranks; look at kat for better scaling. The only category of champion which gains MR per level are fighters, who are generally AD champs, and are always melee.

Passive: I don’t like the true damage aspect of the attack; I’d prefer to see higher damage percentages which deals magic damage. That way you gain a lot of damage against squishy targets (typically the goal for a mid), but people can build to counter your kit (so it isn’t OP, or perceived to be OP). I do like the basic idea here though, I think it would be fun.

Q: slows in excess of 25% last at most 2 seconds; the exceptions to this are nunu and nasus, who are much older champs. The AP scaling and cc on this ability is really high considering it has a 4 second cd at max ranks and cdr. For a move with this sort of damage output, and especially with this cd you don’t want to add cc.

W: next auto attack grants 50% spell vamp? That’s really extreme (also pointless; just make her next ability have spell vamp); Ahri a champion with a periodic spell vamp ability only gains 20% spell vamp on her next ability, and that’s all she gets from it. There needs to be some scaling on these abilities. Instead of the AS slow, how about having it buff her q to have some cc? Given the high utility of this ability I think the base cd at lvl 1 should be in the 15-20 second range. Similarly the damage buff on her next auto attack seems a bit uninspired; perhaps have this make her next auto attack silence target enemy champ for .5 seconds, and deal max damage from her passive or something.

E: As they are currently I’d swap the damage on her q and e; the e is a skill shot, so it needs a high return mechanism for skillful play. The q requires no skill to use so it should be less rewarding.

R: how long does the buff last? Does it interact with her passive? Since the damage scales w/ rank you should update the “if used after activating mix colors” section to display the added damage values /rank instead of implying that the damage listed is true at all ranks.

General thoughts: your kit has a lot of cc and utility in it, so I’d give low base values, with moderate (~40-50%) AP scaling on all the abilities so that the ult feels a lot more powerful. To compliment this, you might consider breaking the ult into two parts; one part passively increasing the damage of her abilities w/ rank, and the other part actively giving her abilities added cc/utility for a few seconds (something they normally would not have).