Hot Streaks and Cold Streaks New Ranked System Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S Im A Siren

02-02-2013

So Ive only played and won 1 ranked game so far in the new system, so I can't speak for what everyone else is saying. However, I have noticed that some players get on "Hot Streaks" for winning 3+ games straight. I understand this is probably not going to be a post that gets recognition but to a few it may be some food for thought.

Idk if hot streaks work this way, but I was thinking that is someone gets on a hot streak they should potentially be rewarded with a higher amount of League Points at the end of the game. Nothing huge, maybe an extra +5. Maybe the points could be added in a scaling fashion where a longer hot streak means more bonus League Points.

Also, to transpose this idea, maybe a system for a cold streak could be implemented. Sometimes players just have bad days, whether it be their own game play or the game play of their teammates that results in loss after loss. So basically what is opposite my hot streak idea, when a player goes on a cold streak, they loss less League Points. It could be a set amount, scaling, or even some percentage of what they would have lost without this system. It would quell some issues with the specific players and even their teammates they could be bringing down.

Its just an idea I had. Im sure someone else has probably thought of it, there may even be a thread about it, idk. Just something to consider.

Rektagon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Not a half bad idea.

squiresoft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

how about if youre on a hot streak, you get queued with other hot streak players so the chances of half of you ending the streak is good.

Lambres

02-02-2013

Just stick with the Hot Streak idea. No one in LoL likes being reminded how many times they've lost..