Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Duel: Kalis Drekval Bonez of Noxus vs. Lu Caos of the Zair Province, Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lu Caos

10-24-2010

Quote:
TheMagister:
Magister, upon hearing the discussion between Morrowlife and Lu Caos, steps out of the shadows of a pillar and joins the conversation.

"Which field will you two be dueling at if you don't mind my asking? The poster doesn't list the location."

"Not entirely sure I'm afraid, I'm letting my opponent choose his feild of choice. I'm sure you will all be made aware of the location in due time." He nods looking to the others. "Anything else I can do to help you gentlemen?"

*To Koragon*
"As you wish but make it quick I have much to get done."

A Bad Idea

10-24-2010

Ade Daiba had been deep in his meditations when he heard speak of this duel from the younger disciples at his temple. Such a duel was uncharacteristic of a summoner's duties, and of particular note was its relevance to the Noxus-Ionia conflict. It is for that reason that Daiba has chosen to transport himself from Ionia to the halls of the Institute to meet Lu Caos over this matter.

The stone hallways of the Institute rippled with each of Daiba's footsteps, coursing with the worldly elements that coated his very person. Each step, as free as the wind and quiet as the forest, with determination that flared like a summer fire, and reason that stood firm like the great mountain. Sound could only be heard from the clattering of Daiba's five medallions that hung from his neck: one of brilliant emerald, one of crystal sapphire, one of bright ruby, one of clear opal, and one of deep obsidian. The sound was not unlike the striking of chimes against the wind; a veritible, walking temple of a man, Daiba's apparent serenity defined his status as the Sage Master of the Godai Monestary. None would have surmised that such a tranquil monk frequently summoned the services of Runeterra's deadliest silent killers to settle his matters.

Lu Caos and Morrowlife would no doubt take notice of the familiar chime of Daiba's divining staff as he approached the two summoners. He levels the staff with his other hand and bows formally.

"Good day to you both, Summoner Caos, Summoner Jacobs." the mystic sage greeted. "It's come to my attention through the words of my students that a duel is to take place. Lu, I do not question your motives, but what do you hope to gain for Ionia through this action?" Daiba asked quite directly.

Lu Caos

10-24-2010

"What I hope to gain? Must I be aiming to gain anything from this endevor? Maybe there is.. just maybe.. perhaps I just wish a deeper understanding of my opponent? Perhaps I wish for some sort of justice in the name of Ionia."

He chuckles a bit.

"Though nothing will be gained for Ionia directly I don't believe, but I suppose it might serve to bring the issue even further into the public eye. Though only time will tell what will come of this."

He ponders for a moment

"Well.. what do -you- think will come of this?"

Kasmiria

10-24-2010

Independent Summoner, Kasmiriaa So'a Lyneth. Banished Mystique (link (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/36))

Kasmiria was motionless in the walls of the archives. In a meditative pose, her body started to collect the stray mana around her and blue particles were drawn into the blue lines of her body. The news came to her in the form of rampant thoughts flying around the Institute. Neophyte summoners should learn how to guard their thoughts better, she commented.

Moments later, she found herself looking for the two responsible for such event. She would admit that it would be interesting. Seems like a nice way to relieve stress or release animosity.

“Depends on how everyone will make it come to, Lu Caos. ” She said, as she approached three summoners. “This has made quite a ruckus in the Ether.” The wild seas of thoughts were rampant about the duel.

“It would have been more interesting in the prize was something like a shorten term for a rematch to free Iona,” She pondered. “but I guess the proving rights will have do.”

(Sorry, this was bit of a rush job, but I felt I should add something.)

K D Bonez

10-24-2010

((btw, Bad Idea, you got a profile? Looked you up but coun't find anythin; http://summoners.shurelia.com/))

After his encounter with Nwol, Kalis couldn't help but wonder if that snitch would tell people what he said. "No matter" he thought to himself as he returned from his Noxian residence with troops carrying his supplies. "As the Ionians are entitled to their opinion, so am I" he thought, knowing that as his title dictates, his opinion means quite alot. Even so, would someone believe an Ionian saying that a Noxian belittles them? Please, that's basically common belief anyways!

After having returned to the Institute of War, and after having his guards secure his belongings, Kalis felt like strolling around the League. "Yes, I have the option to choose which place we choose to fight, and exactly when. Should I wait till an "accident" occured?" he mused to himself, jesting at the absurdity of such a thing. Of course he wouldn't do such a thing, he doesn't need to put any more lighter fluid on the fire to have it burn brighter. All he has to do is put this Ionian in his place, and claim that it was due to the lack of their modernization that caused their defeat. "Could such a lowly person actually defeat me? It's abusrd you suggest that just as much as you cling to your old ways!" he would proclaim, and people would listen and understand. Of course, this has no real bearings on the match, but why pass up such a chance? Such a defeat wouldn't break the spirits of the most strong willed people such as Yi or Soraka or the Ninjas, but the people of Ionia is a diffrent story. When they see how inferior one of their Summoners is to a Noxian, they'll lose hope and finally accept our "help".

TheMagister

10-24-2010

Magister slipped back into the shadows and went off down the corridor, having gained what he wanted form the conversation. He now knew what Lu Caos's motives for the duel were but he also wanted to find out what Bonez hoped to gain from it all. He could hazard a guess yes, as could anyone who had met the man, but Bonez always seemed to have a ulterior motive and meaning behind everything he did. Also the discussion would be fun. Now all he had to do was find him...he should probably check his quarters.

Motas

Recruiter

10-24-2010

*Motas* (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/9)
Sensing an event of epic proportions and bloodshed ready to occur in the near future, Motas took his time and went into the Institute of War.

He had been following the "debate" concerning Noxus' "help" in Ionia. Personally he was neutral, but he delighted in the ancient ways of Ionia, eager to learn more about them. As the state of the matter was however, Ionia wouldn't let him into their vaults to learn their arcane ways. If Noxus was to "occupy" Ionia, then his chances of getting in would be greatly increased.

Having learned of this duel between two powerful summoners, Motas decided to investigate them both and learn what he could before the battle commenced.

He figured the motivation was the occupation of Ionia by Noxus, but he needed to know more. Therefore he could more fully delight in the bloodshed of the two summoners against each other, learning of their skills in combat, and how that could help him in future matches.

He located Kalis in the League, simply strolling around, and wanted to make conversation with him.

"Greetings Summoner, mind if I take a bit of your time in discussing how you will go about this duel for Ionia? I am curious to know how things will play out and your opinion concerning the matter, that and to know the location of your duel. I wish to watch and learn from two powerful summoners their ways of combat"

Nwol

10-24-2010

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/38 (Nwol)

Nwol waited until the general had returned, he had seemingly burshed him off. He was the cocky arrogant sort, but he was curious. The man had a big mouth. In time, Bonez did return and Nwol once again trailed him ever so silently. He could hear the man's musings, he was always muttering something to himself. Nwol gave a slight sigh and turned, perhaps he would find the other candidate. On his way, he encoutered the one he knew as the Magister.

"Ah....I see you are curious as well then. Well no matter." He spoke. "Perhaps it would be wise to not walk in the shadows. Far too many doing it, I feel unoriginal."

A Bad Idea

10-24-2010

Quote:
Lu Caos:
"What I hope to gain? Must I be aiming to gain anything from this endevor? Maybe there is.. just maybe.. perhaps I just wish a deeper understanding of my opponent? Perhaps I wish for some sort of justice in the name of Ionia."

He chuckles a bit.

"Though nothing will be gained for Ionia directly I don't believe, but I suppose it might serve to bring the issue even further into the public eye. Though only time will tell what will come of this."

He ponders for a moment

"Well.. what do -you- think will come of this?"

((Summoner Profile: Ade Daiba)) (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/39)

"Your intentions are well-placed, my friend." Daiba remarked, a small smile barely seen underneath his hood. "I do not question your desire to meet the Noxians face to face upon this matter. In fact, it may do us all a service to witness the ambition behind the blade."

He raises his hood, just enough to cast away the shadows from over his face. He looked at Caos with eyes of swirling colors; at any given moment, one could be staring into the eye of the tempest, the calm of the ocean, the whirling rage of the inferno, the molten heart of the mountain, or the emptiness of the cosmos.

"My concern is of the political backlash that this would cause. Noxian polititians may use this duel as leverage against us, claiming that we Ionians chose to respond violently to the occupation, and further justifying their need to 'modernize' our city-state, even if it was they who laid down the challenge. Violence must not necessarily be met with violence if the conflict is to ever rest. We must show the Noxians that no number of blades or techmaturgy can take away our culture, and that their efforts to reform us are in vane."

He tapped the bottom of his staff lightly upon the tiled floor, letting the chimes echo through the hallways.

"But I understand it is too late to prevent this duel from happening. Backing down now would give the Noxians yet more slander to throw against us. I was simply making sure you knew what your own intentions are, and what the possible consequences may be." Daiba explained. "If the date of the duel does not coincide with the eclipse night of the Harrowing, would you join me in my march to the Noxian Occupied Territory? The youth at my temple wish to protest in peace and hold our harvest festival at the Noxians' gates. We intend to show the Noxians that our people, like our land, will continue to prosper in harmony with nature and her eternal embrace."

Morrowlife

10-24-2010

(( For some reason, I can't get into the site to make a profile. 503 error, something. I'll try later. ))

Logan gazed into the eyes of Sage Daiba, soaking in his words. As a high standing Ionian ritualist, there was much to take in. His wise words flew through Morrowlife, and soon he found himself nodding in agreement.

"That was my initial thought. However, we can't always be so defenseless. Had we not raised arms against Noxus when they invaded, well, they'd be occupying the entire island right now!" Jacobs pointed out with a hint of urgency in his voice. It seemed as this debate spurred on, his past self was drawing ever nearer to dominence. Having put that lifestyle away, Jacobs knew himself as a man of peace, now. He gathered his composure and clarified. "That is, while violence may not cure violence, sometimes it doesn't hurt to try."

After calmly stating his opinion, he looked towards Lu Caos. "Nonetheless, I would have done the same if I were in your shoes. Rest assured, I will be there to boost the banner of Ionia, and yours as well." With this sign of support, he bowed once more. It was almost an omen, this conflict. Such attention being brought to the event was drawing allies closer than ever. Morrowlife felt for the first time in a while that he could find solace within the League.

(( EDIT! Got it to work, here's the link. Maybe we should have a post with all of our profiles? http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/40 ))