Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I drop divisions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cookie

02-02-2013

Hello, I'm currently Silver Division 1, but I haven't played any ranked games yet. 0 League Points obviously. I know that you can go down divisions, so, does that mean if I lose one game, I go to Division 2? Thank you for your help.

Cataclystr

Recruiter

02-02-2013

No, you need to lose multiple games. I was in silver division 2 got trolled xD which was 4 games and then got a msg saying You have been placed in Silver division 3 or something like that.

The Cookie

02-02-2013

Bump for more answers

RogueJB

02-02-2013

You shouldn't drop unless you lose a lot of games, I lost the first couple and stayed in SD2 now I'm at 74 so this should be interesting if I get another win or two.

From my understanding of the advancement process you have to gain 100 points to play a "best of three" match to advance a division. If you're division one then you do a best of 5 promotion match then you can advance to the next teir. You can't go to silver from gold by losing games, however if you don't play for a long time you will drop a teir which is a good thing IMO. This way people cant get lucky and get to diamond or higher then just not play to keep their ranking, you have to fight to hold your higher ratings. I have not seen anything on division demotions yet.

newchibba

02-02-2013

I dink my friend lost like 4-5 games in a row, and he dropped a division.