Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League Of Legends Ranking System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArCblizz

02-02-2013

This is a rant...

League of legends has the single worst ELO or MMR system in the world. it is terrible, it is sad and it is badly done. Combine this with the worst community of any game I have ever seen and you get a horrible experience daily.

When I go up to the top 10 in my division, then lose a couple of games. On the third game go 12/4 with ryze and still lose, followed by being demoted a divsion....

ELO hell should not exist, not in any game that is in the professional gamer circuit. I was completely sick of the old ELO system, and now i realise the new system is just a nicer face to the same thing. hidden elo with a facelift....sweet.

I realised today i dont remember the last time a game was actually close for both teams. Either we stomp them or they stomp us. the players are never balanced and nothing is ever even. RIOT needs to very simply get there **** together and rework the system.

This is saying nothing about champion select which is also quite simply insanely bad. players type as fast as they can to say what champ they want. then if they dont get it they cry and troll. draft pick obviously doesn't work because first pick means nothing to fast typers. once again doesn't sound like a professional game to me. Maybe tomorrow morning when i am less pissed off ill type up my ideas on fixing it but right now i just dont care.

Terrible community
Terrible ranked system
Terrible champion select
No real rewards for doing well on a losing team
Or penaltys for doing terrible on a winning team

A ****ing five year old could see some of these problems and find ways to fix them

EDIT:

After reading alot of other posts after typing this one I have one thing to add. Answers to posts like this that saying," if you are mad dont play ranked" or "go play more ranked and it will make more sense"...

This is an example of terrible community. Obviously this problem has existed sense ****ing square one when riot started this game, it needs to be fixed. And if you are in silver or gold then good for you, enjoy being at a ranked lvl where you get to play games with people who want to play. I can honestly say for every five games i play at least 3 have a troll, a leaver or someone who decides in the first 5 min we have lost and they want to surrender or feed. So how dare you post about us ELO hell people and tell us to stop whining or dont play ranked. it is literally hell

raiderofthedark

02-02-2013

It is true bro... The best part of what you say in your message is:

Quote:
No real rewards for doing well on a losing team
Or penaltys for doing terrible on a winning team

I totally agree with your opinion.. I think RIOT needs to find a better way to evaluate each SUMMONER not just a game a summoner has played. The problem is, a summoner faces consequences based on if he/she WON or LOST the game... not how he/she PERFORMED in the game... like one of the best examples would be how you said your score wid ryze was 12/4 and u still faced the consequences of losing a ranked game, just cause you had horrible teammates (and this category of horrible people may include: leavers, afkers, trolls etc... the list can go on forever) in your team playing like ****...

How hard is it for RIOT to evaluate a summoner's performance in each game? I mean when i click on my stats, they show me how many minions i have killed and how many turrets i have taken down since the beginning of time... all they have to do is to APPLY those stats while evaluating a summoner... my point is, a summoner may lose a game for lot of other variables than how skilled/not skilled they are at playing LoL... therefore, a summoner must not be penalized for just losing a game by getting their ELO/MMR deducted......

RIOT, please try evaluating a summoner based their each game's STATS, not just based on the mere fact that they won or lost a particular game... I hope i made sense...

Dev24

02-02-2013

Quote:
How hard is it for RIOT to evaluate a summoner's performance in each game? I mean when i click on my stats, they show me how many minions i have killed and how many turrets i have taken down since the beginning of time... all they have to do is to APPLY those stats while evaluating a summoner... my point is, a summoner may lose a game for lot of other variables than how skilled/not skilled they are at playing LoL... therefore, a summoner must not be penalized for just losing a game by getting their ELO/MMR deducted......

The issue with this is that it does not take into account your role on the team. If for example you were playing support, it would show very few minions, turrets taken down, kills, etc. because that role is generally not given the ability to gain these stats throughout a game. The same goes for junglers who would probably have less CS than solo lanes or the adc because they have to gank as well as jungle. This could be fixed if the game was able to recognize what positions you were playing; however, there is no rule maintaining this meta. If a team were to have a duo mid it would show both mid players as having probably playing less than average because they split the resources and stats that would be considered "average" for a solo mid. Another large issue that arises from this is skill level is not being taken into consideration. If for example I was playing Draven as an adc with a Taric support, I would have a relatively easy time farming and pushing the lane if Taric was able to keep the area warded and zone the enemy adc. This would most likely mean that for my divisions average stats, I would look amazing. But what about team fights? What if I had no skill in teamfights and was overconfident, just walking in like I could 1v5 them, but was still able to maintain a positive K/D from early game. We would have an issue because I could throw the game while still appearing to be a seemingly "good" player.

So after that block of text, its clear that there is no easy way to determine a players skill level. If they do it only based off of wins/losses The games where you get carried hard by some amazing player should equal out with the games that you loose due to someone you believe lost you the game.

ArmySquirrel

02-02-2013

The support role is the primary reason why they can't do it that way. A team player can contribute a lot without it really showing, such as on the support. You could take healing into account but some champions, like Leona, don't have any healing, and her Sunlight damage is recorded on whoever procs it, not her.

It could also get highly obnoxious with some players trying to game the system to where win or lose they still "look good" as far as the system goes so they lose less elo and gain the most if they win.

TravagGames

02-02-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3074530

iMikey30

02-02-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3075169&highlight=another

MikeDog116

Recruiter

02-02-2013

In my opinion I think that riot would solve a lot of problems if they just made it so that if you won you gained 10 pts and if you lost you gained 10 pts. This **** of I win 2 games and get 30 points then I lose one game and lose 28 points!!

King of the Gods

09-19-2014

It says it all.
You get points for doing Supp stuff, you get points for doing AD/AP/Carry skills.
Let them figure it out, its there JOB!