Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Issue with LP gains in Division I

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiration

02-01-2013

Wait, you say this didn't affect demotions?

What if someone, say, won 3 and then lost 3? Wouldn't that raise them up, then immediately drop it back down to demotion status? Or am I not understanding something here?

Derek Zury

02-01-2013

Wanted to post this where it might be seen.

Game 1, Win. LP = 10 (+10LP)
Game 2, Loss. LP = 0 (-10LP)
Game 3, Loss. LP = 0 (-0LP)
Game 4, Win. LP = 8 (+8LP)
Game 5, Win. LP = 15 (+7LP)
Game 6, Win. LP = 23 (+8LP)
Game 7, Win. LP = 29 (+6LP)
Game 8, Win. LP = 35 (+6LP)
Game 9, Loss. LP = 15 (-20LP)
Game 10, Win, LP = 25 (+10LP)

I mean really? haha.

I was under the impression that win streaks would garner more points toward the next tier. However after winning 1 and losing 2, I went on a 5 win streak and got progressively LESS points for each consecutive win. Followed by a 20 point burglary when I finally lost again. Ouch. My overall W/L was something like +8 before this season 3 landed today, with something around 75 games played, so I didn't expect my MMR to be this low if that's what's going on.

Syselie

02-01-2013

Quote:
taotico:
This is COMPLETELY unfair for people that have had these issues at division 1 and have been demoted to division 2 already (like me). There has to be something you can do to all division 1 players that have been treated unfairly.

Yegg said: What about if I was demoted out of Division I?

Demotions are based on MMR and are unaffected by LP gains and losses, so unfortunately the demotion would have happened regardless of this issue.

It doesn't look like there will be any compensation?

CaptnJakSparrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Pewpewmagoo:
Are you facing platinums as well? Cause ive lost 1 then won 7 in a Row against plats and gold... sitting at 96 LP

Don't worry, bro. They're pro ;O, you're just a silver tiered scrub.

Subutai

02-01-2013

I get demoted because the players on my team are horrible feeders? This is ridiculous, How can I advance when the people I get TRAPPED with are pure trolls and feeders? This is horrible man.

JoBiden

02-01-2013

I just won my first ranked game of season 3, and earned literally zero LP. I'm in S1.
Not sure how to post pictures on the forums, but i snipped a screen shot. Maybe because it was a really easy game? the ashe was a fresh 30, game only lasted 25 minutes

Edit: scratch that. Just didnt display my gain in the win screen, shows up on my account. Might be something else that needs looking into though

FalleNTideS

02-01-2013

6 wins 2 loss and im 25 LP -_-

WILL SMlTH

02-01-2013

1 win - 0 lose
19 points... im afraid to play more of the ranks.

pmd

02-01-2013

so have you tuned it yet?

PSykh

02-01-2013

Yay, I lost one game and went from 97 -> 81, then won the next and got my "up for promotion". Seems buggy, but I'll take it.