Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Issue with LP gains in Division I

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ðraconas

02-01-2013

So i'm a bit confused as to how something such as this is possible:

Me and another player in the same Gold Division 2

Me: 4 wins 2 losses = 67LP
Him: 3 wins 6 losses = 69 LP

Wtf? Can someone explain this please?

KA Soge

02-01-2013

this make mad the all day. i won 5 games lost 1. then i got 2 unlucky games and lost everything i earned

+21 (the only game)
+14
+13
+13
+9

and now i have 7 LP and i stopped playing because was unreal. ofc silver division 1: the unlucky one

SMTRequiem

02-01-2013

Yegg, this while not being about points is something that im seeing, is my understanding wrong? (copy pasta)

am not sure if this is correct or not, my points have been fine unlike others it seems, but I won 7 and lost 3 for placement and ended up in bronze 2 (this i dont care about really) but I am getting matches from all across the bored here for who im against. Had some golds with me, had a PLAT with me, had some silvers, i dont think I have had any bronzes.

I thought you were against people at your rank/level?

Serphs

Recruiter

02-01-2013

I'm Silver I, 4-1 in ranked with 42 points.
I feel something is really wrong, as i would have to basically win around 3-5 more games AND do a Bo5.
Winning those amount of games would have got me close to 1600 elo in the last ranked system.

Billy

Recruiter

02-01-2013

This was pretty frustrating

I started in division I and won 4 games in a row, only gaining 8 LP per win, then lost 1 game and went down 26 LP, then another and was at 0, then a third loss and was demoted

FACKKYOU

02-01-2013

Can you confirm that this is only affecting Silver I?

I'm in Silver III, but I'm sure my LP was reduced to 0 after single loss earlier today, and prior to that game I had multiple wins?

edit: And is there any way of actually finding out how many ranked games we have played SINCE the new ranked system has been implemented ??

Billy

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
SMTRequiem:
Yegg, this while not being about points is something that im seeing, is my understanding wrong? (copy pasta)

am not sure if this is correct or not, my points have been fine unlike others it seems, but I won 7 and lost 3 for placement and ended up in bronze 2 (this i dont care about really) but I am getting matches from all across the bored here for who im against. Had some golds with me, had a PLAT with me, had some silvers, i dont think I have had any bronzes.

I thought you were against people at your rank/level?

You are still matched based on your hidden matchmaking rating. You can be against players of different skill levels depending on who is queueing at the time, split MMR duo queues, etc.

Syselie

02-01-2013

Even if you're in the same Tier and Division, it doesn't mean you have the same MMR (or hidden elo, whatever it's called now). If the system thinks your MMR is supposed to be in a higher Tier or Division, it will be more generous with LP (gain more) and you lose less LP. Thus, if the system thinks your MMR is just right for the Tier/Division you're currently in, you may gain/lose around 10-15s.

Or, if your MMR is much lower than what the system thinks is decent for the Tier/Division, you can see gains as low as 5 and it will be harsh and drop you down faster (ie, gain 7, lose 20). This I think is in place for people who planned on "tanking" their hidden elo - say, they wanted to gain tiers faster so they drop down to division five, lose a bunch of games so their MMR is at bronze level, then win a lot to rank up through divisions and tiers faster. It won't work faster because you'd be gaining less LP per win since you're not supposed to be in that Tier/Division to begin with.

Ahh getting lengthy and wordy, I don't know if it made sense but this is to my understanding. It may or may not be 100% accurate.

Cool Stuffz

02-01-2013

What is MMR exactly? It seems like that's what you guys are using to determine "player skill level," but I'd like some clarification on what it is/what it takes into account.

Skyris

02-01-2013

i got demoted because of this reason... im 5-4 and was forced to leave 1 game due to client constant failure.. i cant believe im being punished for this