Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Issue with LP gains in Division I

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rak Wraithraisér

02-02-2013

Riot u must explain this to me! im in Silver Div 1(ALREADY 400 matches- not a placement anymore)(HIGHEST elo 1554 and CURRENT elo was 1430) placed in silver Div 1 fair enough, won 4 consecutive matches, get to 49 LP, then proceed to lost 1 matches and lost 22 LP,,,

so what im asking is DO YOU expect me to have a win ratio of 3-1 just to barely going up the ladder?? AND even worse my opponent was all gold while all my allies was in DIV 1, so BY RIOT's LOGIC i should lose LESS LP, not lose MORE LP because i versus higher division?????? dont give me all that hidden elo ****, they clearly have higher elo and all my teammates have lower elo, even before fighting a much higher elo opponent will only lose me 14 elos.

So yeah whats up Riot??! i need a red answer. Let me see how you will explain this one CLEARLY? if you cant give a satisfactory answer then i need my lp back thank you.

MarkusSharkus

02-02-2013

Too little too late I think. You may have lost thousands of users today.

General Treble

02-02-2013

Quote:
Yegg:

What about if I was demoted out of Division I?

Demotions are based on MMR and are unaffected by LP gains and losses, so unfortunately the demotion would have happened regardless of this issue.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we work out some of the kinks in the new system. We're dedicated to continually improving it, so please keep letting us know what doesn't feel right and we'll keep looking into it.

This makes zero sense. I went 50/50 today, 4 wins 4 losses, and was demoted. If you can go 50/50 in solo q and your MMR somehow calls for a demotion, then you've done something wrong good sirs.

For how an MMR is supposed to behave, please look at Starcraft 2.

*edit*

Pull up my account logs if you must for proof. It'll show 4-4 for today, and a demotion following the final game.

*edit 2*
and for the record, before today, I was on a winning streak. then once the system kicked in, I kept winning, going 4-1 in my placements. Then my 3 losses happened, and then the demotion.

ForsakenWolf

02-02-2013

Thanks but i still ****ing hate this new system.... win 8 games 55 points lose 2 games down to 13 points

Grimer

02-02-2013

Hello Yegg, I'm very glad to finally find this thread I thought this was happening to me only.

There's only one problem: I am in "Silver V" not "Silver I" and this seems to still be happening to me.. I lose much more LP then I gain.. can you pull out my LP history like you did with other people who come across the bug?

You really cant have your players afraid to play ranked.. defeats the whole purpose.

tarlune

02-02-2013

Quote:
Treble557:
This makes zero sense. I went 50/50 today, 4 wins 4 losses, and was demoted. If you can go 50/50 in solo q and your MMR somehow calls for a demotion, then you've done something wrong good sirs.

For how an MMR is supposed to behave, please look at Starcraft 2.

*edit*

Pull up my account logs if you must for proof. It'll show 4-4 for today, and a demotion following the final game.

wow thats ridiculous.

sepetaiya

02-02-2013

thank you Yegg, for the feedback.

all of you please understand that its a new system and at least they are proactively tweeking it as we speak. yes its rediculous, yes they are fixing it.

Yegg, you should post these updates on the competitive discussion section if you have not already and thank you for banning me for a week before i was able to rage at my LP status =p

WilsonCheung21

02-02-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
Here's what I see from your history:

Win (+24)
Win (+22)
Loss (-22)
Loss (-21)
Win (+19)

Current LP: 22

Everything looks reasonable to me.

Yegg, may I please ask you to view my history because my gain/ lose LP ratio does not seem right at all! I lose way more than I gain in one win

Rak Wraithraisér

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisna
thanks for the reply but again, a very unclear and vague response, you didnt explain what on earth is weak silver, this is the first time i even heard about it, WHAT qualifies a weak silver?HOW to get out of it? WHY did i get put in weak silver? Do you put my champ stats into consideration. HOW LONG until i reach the SITUATION where i become a strong silver, if prob by any chance i can escape a bigger chance of demotion and starting all over again. You say you didnt expect me to have a 3:1 ratio win, but hey numbers cant lie

It appears that I don't have a full comprehension of these issues. See Yegg's post on this topic:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post34184931

AND I STILL dont have the answers for my questions??? Are you trying to make ranked games so punishing??

Omnifical

02-02-2013

Wait so I went 4/4 and got demoted and it "would of happened anyway" wtf riot. That's ridiculous.