Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali is not a **** tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

10-24-2010

Quote:
Xtchizobr:
wow. what is this?

all the posts that are actually correct have been downrated???

someone pulled all his sockpuppets from his ass for this one.

There's been a whole conglomerate of absolute jacktards trolling the guides section the past few days.

They aren't even good trolls, they don't even post the "plausible but infuriatingly incorrect" assumptions, they're just posting pure gibbering idiocy that isn't worth responding to directly and downvoting everyone that posts how the game actually works in these types of threads.

zAPPzAPP

10-24-2010

Are those trolls telling us to go warmogs tank akali and 5vs1 with sunfire deepes?

Chingmeister

10-24-2010

Quote:
zAPPzAPP:
Are those trolls telling us to go warmogs tank akali and 5vs1 with sunfire deepes?

No Warmogs,

Just 5 sunfires, ult in, and sit in stealth for 7 seconds You will do better than most Akalis I play with.

Zanzu

Adjudicator

10-24-2010

To each their own, play however you find yourself playing the best with a hero, it might not be the most effective way to build a hero but if you can't play the hero in a fashion which brings out its full potential, then play it in a way where you can play at your full potential.

GrandImperator

10-24-2010

I don't ever really think a tank should be 3rd into a significant teamfight, that doesn't make sense.

I think Akali can initiate with Shen ulting on her the moment she does, which will keep her alive long enough for him to taunt things off of her and give her the time she needs to obliterate the enemy team's primary target.

If your tank has a good form of initiation or another member of the team can initiate with the tank immediately supporting this initiation, then Akali should probably be coming in shortly after initiation when the enemy team is distracted and in some degree of chaos.

That being said, as one who plays Shen, I have yet to ask an Akali to initiate the teamfight for me. An Amumu or Galio should be able to initiate teamfights well enough on their own (assuming their ult is available). I think this does to some extent depend on the tank and the nature of the situation.

Additionally, if the enemy team doesn't have something that needs to die 0.5 seconds into the beginning of the teamfight, then you will most likely get more out of an Akali coming in after initiation to wreak havoc. Even with something like Shen ulting an initiating Akali, she will most likely die not too much after ganking the single enemy target that was high priority. Doing this or not is a judgment call.

v0rmav

10-24-2010

Seriously, I think a lot of people do not understand.

The best use of ALL assasins without fail is sending them to work on the squishies/carry of your choice/primary target of your choice. The best time to do this is generally going to be after intiation to have less CC focused on you, finish your burst combo, and evacuate. I'm not sure there is really an exception to this being the best use of them in almost every applicable situation. Many of these characters are already weak in team fights, particularly more so if you are against a heavy CC team. I prefer to play to the strengths of these characters.

Morcaar

10-24-2010

An initiator is someone who:
A: Has a LOT of hp/armor/MR
B: Has some type of CC or
C: has both.

Akali neither has CC nor tanky-ness- she's made to jump into a fight after it's started, finish the squishy (or two) then get out. She is a horrible initiator, one stun/snare/taunt and she's pretty much dead.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

10-24-2010

Quote:
Echo7:
There's been a whole conglomerate of absolute jacktards trolling the guides section the past few days.

They aren't even good trolls, they don't even post the "plausible but infuriatingly incorrect" assumptions, they're just posting pure gibbering idiocy that isn't worth responding to directly and downvoting everyone that posts how the game actually works in these types of threads.

You mean things like arguing that people should build DPS on garen?

Yea I've seen some of that around here lately too.

Fuyuzora

10-24-2010

Quote:
Churchy:
You mean things like arguing that people should build DPS on garen?

Yea I've seen some of that around here lately too.

Idk. I've trolled pretty hard by getting Madred's as my last item. It works. But only if you're at the point where "Oh you can't kill me... Until it ends up 3v1 and I simply have no dmg." Even then, I'd rather build more armor/mr/helath, but DPS on Garen -- at the right times -- can be helpful. And by "building DPS" I mean like one item.

dovvntempo

10-24-2010

not saying this is optimal but this is how it went down for me. One of the friends I played with plays an alright Akali. And that game I played Galio. After a few painful ults from me the enemy team did not want to engage me directly cuz I had my teammates right behind me.

So our akali had to be a bit ballsy. She jumped in on on a squishy and though her health dropped to half in a split second I was right by her, flashed in and took the heat off with ult. Then akali and crew were able to open up on the enemy team taunted.

normally this akali is terrible. I HATE playing with this person because of this rushing in playstyle he has but in this case it was perfect because he was able to get the enemy team to focus her while she slowed down the carry and let me flash ult into them in a way I hadn't been able to because they had been expecting me first.

reminds me of that ballsy move by Salce in the clg vs epik game. Kennen went in to entire team and zhonya'd right after. You know the clip