Today I won 9 matches, lost 4...

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shy

02-01-2013

I am just confused as winning one game gained me 12 (I WAS Silver 1, same as the friend I duo'd with, he only gained 8), won another for another 12 (He got another 8), we lost once and lost 20 points.

I am just confused on why losing a single game negates all the work the first two games did. In what world is 66% win ratio not high enough? It is a small number yes, what it would roughly be the same if it was 40 wins to 20 losses.

Any red care to explain how LOSING actually changes your LP?

AcrobaticApricot

02-01-2013

Today I got placed into Gold II when I expected Gold III and I won two games and ended up at 56 LP.

I guess I'm just the lucky one.

Pinoy Ako

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1103f4be64bc07 View Post
Ye, I'm aware of that. The problem is: I had 200+ games before this. Why in Odin's name do I have a lower MMR than what I should have??

If the system is that simple, then we should start with our current elo, not "a combination of our current and top elo".
Having lots of games doesn't necessarily relate to having higher MMR. There are people with 500 games and is only 1500 while there are also some people who only have 50 games and is at the same elo.

hi im shaniqua

02-01-2013

Welp, guess I'm not playing ranked if I'm going to drop a division over it. Looks like ranked is still the same gamble it's always been.

Perfect Insanity

02-01-2013

Well Yegg I won one, got 19, won 2nd, got 16 from that, got to 35, lost one and dropped to 12. Is this how it's supposed to be? In all honestly it's extremely annoying that by having a 50/50 W/L ratio I will most often have less LP, I don't want to play any more ranked and drop a division just because I'm getting more punished from a loss then with the older system...

Habatch

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Looks like you have 22 LP. Sometimes it can be a little slow to update...if you go to your Leagues view, what does it show?
yegg ive had to update the last 4 log ins. what is this and is this a bug or just constant patches???

Tehadam

02-01-2013

First day problems guys; chillax.

Traceless K

02-01-2013

i won 5 games in a row today only 40 points , And i 'm freaking #2 in my tier. Our #1 3wins 2 losts got 50 points, Riot srsly? dudes u need to fix it.

Elsaliss

02-01-2013

I've played 4 games so far Yegg. The 2 games got me 39 lp. The 3rd game got me to 46 (7 lp). 4th game got me to 63. Is there any reason why the amount of league points differs so greatly? I am battling between 1st and 2nd ranking in the silver division 2 tier.

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
Having lots of games doesn't necessarily relate to having higher MMR. There are people with 500 games and is only 1500 while there are also some people who only have 50 games and is at the same elo.
I know, bro. I just meant I was way ahead of the placement matches. There is no logical explaination for why I have a lower MMR than what I should have ;o

12345678 ... 12