Today I won 9 matches, lost 4...

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Started on Silver Tier, Division 1. Now I'm at the same division with 35 LP.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a complete failure?

I mean, seriously, what the ****. First game I won and got 25 LP. 9 wins and 4 losses later, I have 35??? Bull****. Pathetic system.

PS: Won another, went to 47. Seems ok, but still doesn't make any sense when I sum up: 10 wins, 4 losses, 47LP. One win, went from 0 to 25. WTF.

Respawn soon

02-01-2013

Yeah, some of my friends are getting 23 LP per win when they duo with me while I'm getting 9 LP per win. Same division. Logic please?

Mortox

02-01-2013

The formula that calculates the LP is completely ****ED beyond belief.

I win one game, get 19, lose one game, back to zero (ok fair enough) win another game gain 18, win ANOTHER game and only gain 2 points to take me to 20.

How the hell can I gain 18 points for one game, and only gain 2 points for the next? Not duoing or doing anything funky so I can't explain it, I'm in the middle of my division as well so I can't say it has anything to do with my spot on the ladder.

Absolutely no consistency.

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawn soon View Post
Yeah, some of my friends are getting 23 LP per win when they duo with me while I'm getting 9 LP per win. Same division. Logic please?
Can't find any.

Send Me Lewds

02-01-2013

This is easily the worst ranked system I've ever seen. Whoever thought of this didn't do a very good job and it only screws people over.

DrDarth

02-01-2013

Exactly, also I seem to be getting players that are on the brink of breaking silver I when I should be playing with gold players. I know that the hidden elo has factor here, but in reality players that are silver I or below trying to break into gold should be playing gold players of Gold V, Gold IV, and Gold III. I'm not sure how I was matched with them when my elo was at 1700 and I'm playing with players that were 300 or 200 elo below me before.

This new system seems to be getting on my nerves a little bit in the way they choose divisions and also how match making takes into account of players. I can safely say that I dropped a division because the players on both teams aren't facing equal skill, but rather real challenging opponents that far outmatch their own.

This in my opinion is not fair. Unfortunately gaining rating vs gaining divisions makes it more daunting to attempt to climb. Even though I started on a higher ladder than these players, I find it quite hard to do anything against a team that has a duo quer that gains more LP than I do by a large margin.

In regards to the system, I think it was well thought out, but it needs matchmaking work. In which every game in existence has trouble with. Bad luck? Perhaps. Fair? Maybe.

This is hopefully an awareness post after playing 4 games and losing 3 of them, I came to the conclusion, (also by looking at LoLking), that the matchmaking system is more direct towards getting players in game faster by accounting for wins than actually matching players based off of skill (division).

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

I heard it's being displayed wrongly, anyone got any info on that?

For now, I still think it's ****ed up as ****.

Xuanxue NA

02-01-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post34171609

a discussion on how to fix it!

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze GTA View Post
Ye, well, if they ignored any solutions truly related to individual skill so far, my guess is that they will keep ignoring. Which is sad, really, when you realize that most of the times you depend more on luck than on anything else.

I think at least afk, leavers and feeders should lose more MMR, and win less. More than this it can be abused, but I can't say I'm totally against.

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Riot pls! :/

1234511 ... 12