Helpers in new player games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazimuss

02-01-2013

Some may remember my initial first post as a total rant on how Riot ruined a game. They didn't. I was a total noob. One reason noobs stay noobs for so long is because the game doesn't tell you A LOT of stuff.

Did you know you can enchant boots? Of course you did. But I didn't. Not till level 11 when I was looking at guides and saw 'enchantment'. I had seen it before, but dismissed it as something that wasn't available in Normal play, as THERE IS NOTHING WHATSOEVER that says, ''Hey dude, you can enchant these''

Yeah, noob mistake, I know. But how was I SUPPOSED to know?

I think there should be a 'neutral guide' for games with ppl level 5 and under. I initially thought Riot should handle it, but we all know they wouldn't pay someone to actually monitor their game and make sure it runs smoothly; they just want to MAKE money on it.

So, how about volunteers? Ppl that could take the time to spectate games and be able to chat with both teams. No, not so you and ur buddy could pwn noobs. So that you could say,''THAT was maybe not the best thing to do'' when Sona goes up against Tryn, Cho'gath, and Ashe with no health. Ya know what I mean? Someone to say, ''You should start buying the Phantom Dancer now.'' or ''You guys should work together to push their turret.''

If games level 5 and under had a 'Neutral Leader' or something, it would help this community grow and reduce the number of noobs feeding Cho'gath. Literally. I know this would be KINDA hard to implement, but it would help SOOOOO much with the learning curve for those just starting to play LOL.

There would be rules for Neutral Leaders. Like you couldn't spectate a friends game and do it. You couldn't ping, just tell them how and when. You're chat would be seen by both teams. Stuff like that.

I just think that having someone to guide you for those first levels would be IMMENSELY helpful and better the community as a whole.

That's all.

Tazimuss

02-06-2013

Guess not.

FrothyKat

02-06-2013

You have to be careful with stuff like this. Anything open to volunteers is open to abuse.

I think Riot tried to do something to help illuminate some of this obscure stuff with the hints system, but most are vague or irrelevant to gameplay specifics. For instance, it doesn't help new players to know about Nautilus' joke again, but it does help from time to time when it actually does display game mechanics info.

PinkStorm

02-06-2013

I'm pretty sure there is a newbie chat that you can connect to people who are putting together guide games for new players. Just take a peek on the New player forum, I'm sure you can find it there. Good By the way, good idea. I had thought about bringing this idea up a few months ago but forgot to post anything about it.