@Riot What happens when you lose in ranked now???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

I can tell Riot is excited about the new system but the patch notes don't say 1 single word about what happens when you lose other then "you lose league points when you lose".
- Alright, that's wonderful, but what about when I'm at 0 league points? Do I get negative league points?
- Do I stay at 0 and just drop down positions inside my division?
- What happens when I'm last place in my division and lose again?
- Do I start a reverse promotion match where I do best of 3 to not drop down a division/tier.
- Also, what about being inactive? In the old system if you were above 1400 and stopped playing you would degrade elo. What if I stop playing for a while?
- How long before I lose League points from being inactive, and how fast do they go down?
- Is there a certain point where you stop losing LP if your inactive, the way 1400 was the stop point for elo?
- How much LP do you lose from queue dodging. How long has the time penalty been reduced too.

I'd like more info on this Riot. I really wish they had clarified some of this info before releasing a brand new system... Some players like to understand how it works before diving right in and playing. If anyone can link me to some proof of how it works, or explain from experience that would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Cleaned it up so it looks nicer to read.

Noobgrenade

02-01-2013

Once you hit 0 league points they start taking organs.

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

Ever LP below 0 you drop is $1 charged to your credit card lmao

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

Bump.. down to 4th page already. Does anyone have answers??

Cammy Ho

02-01-2013

I'd like to know the answer also.

Cammy Ho

02-01-2013

I'd assume you'd go down a tier, if you didnt you would slowly get carried to the top tier.

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy Ho View Post
I'd assume you'd go down a tier, if you didnt you would slowly get carried to the top tier.
I've seen a few people say already that you can drop down divisions but not tiers. The only way to drop down tiers (gold silver diamond etc) is by being inactive and slowly falling down. I don't know if it's true though.

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

bump

Valoran Hesufo

02-01-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A

Here you go guys.

Have a blast

EDIT: Check around minute 3. It explains the "safe zone" when you lose games while you have 0 points in a Division.

Zerosk83

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valoran Hesufo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A

Here you go guys.

Have a blast

EDIT: Check around minute 3. It explains the "safe zone" when you lose games while you have 0 points in a Division.
Thanks man. I have no idea why Riot didn't make info on this available before releasing it.. You'd think that with a huge company like their's that one of them would think that this info is important for us, but hey.