Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hey Riot, can we get a simple answer as to why skins are always 975+ RP now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Fluffy Bunny

02-01-2013

This isn't an angry thread or an entitled thread... I'm just curious. $5 not even being able to buy you one skin just seems a little high to me. When I started playing this game, 975rp skins were considered EXPENSIVE, as most skins were about half that price. Now, 975rp is as cheap as they come. I love buying skins, but I haven't gotten one in a really long time now. If I could get a couple skins with every RP purchase, I'd probably spend a lot more money on this game than I do now, which is currently none because of how pricey skins have become =/

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

02-01-2013

Old skins that were 600 or less (I think 565 or so) were just recolors. Not new models/animations/effects or anything

975s are skins with moderate changes, IE Effects/particles/etc. See: Scorched Earth Xerath. Considering League is a bit beyond recolors now, that old skin tier is for sales/price reducs.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

02-01-2013

EVO Crystalis

02-01-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:
Old skins that were 600 or less (I think 565 or so) were just recolors. Not new models/animations/effects or anything

975s are skins with moderate changes, IE Effects/particles/etc. See: Scorched Earth Xerath. Considering League is a bit beyond recolors now, that old skin tier is for sales/price reducs.

Recolours were 520; 260 on sale.

Big Fluffy Bunny

02-01-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:

Not every old/cheap skin was a recolor. Riot have definitely come a ways with their skins, but I don't see that as a reason to jack up the prices. I highly doubt that the +work to +money ratio is balanced.

I can understand the really epic skins being more expensive, but it sure would be nice to occasionally still get some decent skins for 520rp. I know for a fact that Riot would in fact get MORE of my money if they did that.

12fingerJIM

02-01-2013

I think it was ironstylus talking about making cheaper skins, that are more costumes or recolors

GaryMFing0ak

02-01-2013

Because sub 975 skins tended to be just recolors. I'd rather pay more for actual model changes.