Hey Riot, can we get a simple answer as to why skins are always 975+ RP now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Fluffy Bunny

02-01-2013

This isn't an angry thread or an entitled thread... I'm just curious. $5 not even being able to buy you one skin just seems a little high to me. When I started playing this game, 975rp skins were considered EXPENSIVE, as most skins were about half that price. Now, 975rp is as cheap as they come. I love buying skins, but I haven't gotten one in a really long time now. If I could get a couple skins with every RP purchase, I'd probably spend a lot more money on this game than I do now, which is currently none because of how pricey skins have become =/

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

02-01-2013

Old skins that were 600 or less (I think 565 or so) were just recolors. Not new models/animations/effects or anything

975s are skins with moderate changes, IE Effects/particles/etc. See: Scorched Earth Xerath. Considering League is a bit beyond recolors now, that old skin tier is for sales/price reducs.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

02-01-2013

Nekosu

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
Old skins that were 600 or less (I think 565 or so) were just recolors. Not new models/animations/effects or anything

975s are skins with moderate changes, IE Effects/particles/etc. See: Scorched Earth Xerath. Considering League is a bit beyond recolors now, that old skin tier is for sales/price reducs.
Recolours were 520; 260 on sale.

Big Fluffy Bunny

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post

Not every old/cheap skin was a recolor. Riot have definitely come a ways with their skins, but I don't see that as a reason to jack up the prices. I highly doubt that the +work to +money ratio is balanced.

I can understand the really epic skins being more expensive, but it sure would be nice to occasionally still get some decent skins for 520rp. I know for a fact that Riot would in fact get MORE of my money if they did that.

12fingerJIM

02-01-2013

I think it was ironstylus talking about making cheaper skins, that are more costumes or recolors

GaryMFing0ak

02-01-2013

Because sub 975 skins tended to be just recolors. I'd rather pay more for actual model changes.